Component or RGB Scart for SD satelite receiver?

andykn

From SD sources the two are theoretically of comparable quality. Depends on how good the circuits for each are in the Sat box and your TV which will look the best if there's any difference.

D

Deleted member 30535

Only Sky HD has component outputs for connection to a TV or monitor. Sky+ has S-Video in addition to RGB via Scart, and the SD Sky box only has RGB over Scart. All have composite out over scart, but that's the lowest of the low as far as quality is concerned.

khiladi4you

Standard Member
Only Sky HD has component outputs for connection to a TV or monitor. Sky+ has S-Video in addition to RGB via Scart, and the SD Sky box only has RGB over Scart. All have composite out over scart, but that's the lowest of the low as far as quality is concerned.

Well i don't have Sky because i live in Barcelona. I found the SD satellite receiver with component output and wanted to know if that will make difference over Scart RGB on HDTV?

D

Deleted member 30535

I think it depends if the component out will be higher than the "SD" PAL that Euro TV's have, and also whether it will do progressive component. In either case you will see an improvement over RGB Scart. Can't say by how much it will be improved, but it will be better!

khiladi4you

Standard Member
I think it depends if the component out will be higher than the "SD" PAL that Euro TV's have, and also whether it will do progressive component. In either case you will see an improvement over RGB Scart. Can't say by how much it will be improved, but it will be better!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom