• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Component or not

geewhizz

Hi

Got a sony dav sc5 and this link say's its component
http://www.world-import.com/dav-sc5.htm

When i look at the back its got video in X2 and video out X1 and a scart socket.
so is it component ?? or composite ??
What advantage is the progressive scan,

I have an xbox and a video connected to " video in " and the scart going to my pw7.
Any info welcomed

fanx

ns1col

Standard Member
Component connections are 3 phono type connectors which are 1ea red, green and blue. These carry the picture only to a television with the same connections.

Composite connections again 3 phono connection but are red, white and yellow. These carry picture and sound to a television with the same connections. White and red are left and right sound while yellow is picture.

Go for component if you can as composite is worse than s-video and scart RGB.

Colin.

geewhizz

Sorry ment to say i have this system but the link say's component but all i see is composite.
Can the scart socket be rgb ? then i could connect using a JS RGB to VGA convertor. or will this not work ??

thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom