1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component on a budget

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Craig, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Craig

Craig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi

I need a component cable of between 8 to 10 metres, dependent upon the WAF factor. So that's 10, then

I have a budget of 50 quid, which I know is not going to buy me a nice Belden or Ixos, but can anyone reccomend something other than a Profigold that would suit my needs?

Any help is, as always, much appreciated

2. kismet110

kismet110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +389
    Check out www.cableuniverse.co.uk - they are friendly and efficient and sell a quality 10M component lead for around £41 + postage iirc.

ALI

3. Simon James

Simon James

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks! I need one like this too. :)

4. Filbert

Filbert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +196
    Just remember that over that kind of length, going for a cheap cable may not necessarily be the wisest move. Component video cables carry high quality video (compared to compsoite, s-video etc.) and over 10m can be subject to interference and signal degredation. You don't have to spend mega-bucks, just don't scrimp too much and not get the best from your equipment.

5. Simon James

Simon James

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats good advice. I don't mind spending £100...but can't seem to find any at a 10m length Only the cable universe one for about 45 quid.

6. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Is £140 too much? It's just Mark Grant's ones on the powerbuy section gets good reviews. So much I have one on order now! :)

7. Filbert

Filbert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +196
    Value, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, so only you can say whether £140 is money well spent or not! ;)

8. paulflowe

paulflowe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Belden's 1505F cable. This is a slightly more flexible version of the 7710A, but has two tinned copper braids instead of a braid and foil combination, and a PVC jacket. It's possibly a bit cheaper too.

Or...

Three runs of 1695A cable. These obviously need to be exactly the same length. Cover the lot in high WAF braid and away you go - one very flexible cable. I use 1695A for my digital audio cable, and it's superb.

Terminate with Canares or some spare RCAs I've got (as in the thumbnail) which we can discuss 'offline' :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Just my 2p,
    Paul. :hiya: