Component Nightmare

dgharwood

Novice Member
I purchased off ebay a component board for my Panasonic 42THPW6. When it would not squeeze into the slot I realised that I had purchased a series 4 bord and not series 6 - stupid me! Back to selling it on ebay!

Hwoever, my question is that I am about to embark on hopefully purchasing the correct board, yet am concerned that on the Panasonic Boards fr component/RGB IN there appears to be 5 BNC inputs :
VD
HD
Pr/Cr/R
Pb/Cb/B
Y/G

On the output fr my denon DVD, I only have three component ouputs, namely R/G/B.

Do I just ignore the VD/HD ones?

Help please???

buns

Banned
dont quote me..... the denon is outputting in YUV color space thich has the 3 component feed. The 5 feed is for component in RGB color space which also includes horizontal and vertical syncs..... So you need to find whether the panasonic board handles YUV input (i assume it must)

ad

ps. apologies if im wrong

buns

Banned
I think im wrong there..... or at least not totally right! Im fairly sure it would work though. Ask in the plasma forum and you will get more response

ad

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
dgharwood

There are RCA and BNC versions of the YUV (ONLY) single slot board available for the 6 Series displays:

TY-42TM6AB is YUV on 3BNC
TY-42TM6ZB is YUV on 3RCA

There is also a twin slot board that accepts YUV or RGB(HV) on BNC + S-Video and Composite.

TY-42TM6YB

Best regards

Joe

buns

Banned
Phew, so i was right in what i said, just hadnt got the whole story! :D

all the best

ad

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom