• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Component link from PSP to TV?

knightse4

Standard Member
Hello all,

I've been trying to find out how to connect my PSP3000 to my new 32" Sharp Aquos LCD TV and was under the impression that all I would need is a component cable...

BUT I have tried the following steps and still all I get is a 'No Signal' message on the TV screen:

Connected the component cable to the TV and the PSP
Turned on the TV and selected the AV mode 'Game'
Turned on the PSP and held down the screen button for 5+ seconds and/or selected 'Switch Video Output' in the Settings menu

I've tried fiddling with the TV settings - different screen resolution, different AV modes etc. but NOTHING!

Does anyone have any further suggestions? All input is greatly appreciated - thank you!

figoagogo

Distinguished Member
Connected the component cable to the TV and the PSP

What cable are you using, how many connectors does it have, all the colours matched up

Turned on the TV and selected the AV mode 'Game'

Is "game" the correct EXT/Channel for you component conection?

Turned on the PSP and held down the screen button for 5+ seconds and/or selected 'Switch Video Output' in the Settings menu

If I recall the video out put is on the far left of the screen, there should be options for Component/Composite, are you selecting this

See bold on the above should help. Also not 100% sure what type of software will out put on component, I think the PSP2000 had limitations for games/video/umds? I think the 3000 over came this, but not 100% sure.

knightse4

Standard Member
So far I've definitely been matching the colours up correctly, and definitely selecting the right options on the PSP (and yes, as I understand it too the 3000 series has overcome the limitations of the previous 2000 model). I'm guessing the problem is with the TV settings somewhere...

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll give them a go and let you know how I get on!

figoagogo

Distinguished Member
what cable is it, mine has a little switch from composite to component, does yours have this?

knightse4

Standard Member
Being new to fancy new digital televisions (having had just a tiny wee analogue portable until last week...) and after much fiddling, I have discovered that I needed to set the input mode on the TV to 'Ext 4' - for component. It's a shame the manual doesn't give much away about what Ext 1-8 actually do for those of us who wouldn't know such things as a matter of course!

Anyway, thanks all! I'm happily connected up and enjoying Fifa on the big screen :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom