1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component Lead help please

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by AzleaAnn, Aug 22, 2005.

1. AzleaAnn

AzleaAnn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmm... I thought this would be easy ..but ... !

I was using my Dvd player hooked up with a Scart cable which worked fine but my dvd player and Lcd Tv have Component connections....so I bought a set of Component leads from Maplin and pluged them in...I get no picture :mad: I can only get a picture if I plug the Scart cable back in !...and yes I have selected the Component option on my Tv but all I get is a blank screen ...any suggestions for a complete novice on what to do..oh I pluged in a couple of phonos to for the sound.

Thankyou !

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Some dvd players need to be switched to componenet to get a picture. Other players Like my 757AI from pioneer, need to be switched to composite or svideo in order for the componenet signal to work. If the player is in RGB mode, the signal through the scart seems to overide the other ones.
    Take your DVD player of RGB mode and switch it to svideo or composite and see if you get a result :)

3. AzleaAnn

AzleaAnn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Dave, there was a a setting within the Dvd menu that I had to set and now all is working perfectly....actually I have to say the picture quality using component connection is excellent...a much sharper picture to the RGB Scart to my eyes :thumbsup:

Az

4. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Glad to help my friend :)