Component issue with DVD and TV

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by darklight, Apr 18, 2005.

1. darklight

darklight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I hooked up my Panasonic TX-36PD30F to my Yamaha S-550 via component with the progressive scan on. The issue I have is that the darker parts of the picture seem very green. Obviously with the component connections you get a more direct color but there is something slightly strange looking with the higher green levels. The other levels are also higher but that seems to give a more natural look.
    I 've tried adjusting the color settings etc but it still seems abit much. With the progressive scan mode off it does reduce the green to a more normal level as it does with the reds and blues but I feel that overall the progressive scan gives a better pic. Anyway what I'm basicly asking is is there any specfic adjustments to levels of color brightness, contrast that can help bring the green down slightly. Before you ask I have tried reducing the color but the darker parts of the pic still seem very green.
    As usual any help will be greatly appreciated.

By the way the TV is set on Multi and this happens on both R1 and R2 disks. Although in saying that I just watched the new R2 version of A Fistful of Dollars last night and the balance seemed normal, even with PS on i.e. the darker parts of the pic were black and not drak green like with other films. Maybe because it's an older film as another recent R2 disk, The Terminal has the same dark green parts instead of actual black...

2. Amar

Amar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I am facing a similar problem with my 36PD30.
    There's a thread on PD30 problems in the forums and there's quite abit of advice on how to recify your problem. Some people have been successful, whereas others haven't. It seems the you'll either be lucky to have a good set or a bad set.
    Try going in to the service menu and playing around with some of the settings there. I have been advised to do the same thing.

3. darklight

darklight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I got into the service menu and reduced the Low green setting and it has appeared to work. One thing I've also noticed with my set is that on the disk I'm watching at the moment (R" The Terminal) there appeasr to be a slight light outline on the right edges of faces. It appears from about the check bones down to chin. I don't know if it was there before. That's the problem with these things they may have been there all along and not noticable but as soon as you see it you can't stop looking at it.
    I played around with the settings but the only thing that appeasr to stop it is to switch the progressive scan OFF.
    Have you had anything like that?
    I have only tried one other disk (R1 City of Angels) and it appears in varying degrees. By the way it's not always noticable but with a light background in frame makes it even more seeable

4. Amar

Amar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I can't say I have seen the problems you're facing now. I will check it tonight and let you know though.
    I have to say, going in to the service menu has corrected the problems I had. My screen alignment was all messed up but it's alot better now.
    I'm very surprised panasonic don't ensure things like this don't happen before they put their sets on the market.