1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component into vga or board on pw6 ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by nicke20, Dec 24, 2004.

1. nicke20

nicke20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    is there any reason to go either way on this ? output from an av switching amp component out into a pw6 could go to either vga cocket or a component card ?
    How much of an improvement to a sky+ picture would a scaler give this set up ?

I was fairly set on the hd pw7 but the pw6 with all cables converter box and 5 year warranty and wall mount at just over £2000 is very tempting

2. franc

franc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi. If you don't use the VGA input for anything else, there is no reason not to use this to accept the output from the amp. You can save yourself the cost of the component board (which are quite difficult to aquire at the moment) but you will need a 3 phono to VGA cable to carry the signal. I use a relatively cheap 5 BNC to VGA monitor cable (you'll need 3 BNC to Phono adapters) and it works fine. Just change the settings in the menu from RGB to Component and away you go.

N.B. The 7 series panels have removed the ability to route componet through the VGA which I think is a real shame.

Regards FRANC

3. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The reason is to make money, Panasonic believe people will run out and buy a component board by doing this, naughty like hell...