Component into Tosh 32WL56 - How???

dave_e_field

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello all (first post) :hiya: ,

I'm looking to pick up a 32" LCD pretty soon and have assembled the usual suspects in the £1000-1300 price range.

These being the Philips 32PF9776, Toshiba 32WL56 and Hitachi 32LD7200.

The Toshiba looks as if it could be a good buy, but I need to hook up my prog scan DVD player via component.

I know this can be done on the Philips via DVI using an adapter, but will it be possible on the Toshiba, using a PC/VGA socket?

Any help/suggestions will be appreciated.

dave_e_field said:
Hello all (first post) :hiya: ,

I'm looking to pick up a 32" LCD pretty soon and have assembled the usual suspects in the £1000-1300 price range.

These being the Philips 32PF9776, Toshiba 32WL56 and Hitachi 32LD7200.

The Toshiba looks as if it could be a good buy, but I need to hook up my prog scan DVD player via component.

I know this can be done on the Philips via DVI using an adapter, but will it be possible on the Toshiba, using a PC/VGA socket?

Any help/suggestions will be appreciated.[/QUOTE

i downloaded the manual and saw no mention of that - maybe best would be to pick up a cheap HDMI player for even better quality?

Hi Dudes,

I'm in the same spot as you both, I've been looking at the 37WL56 as the distance I'm away from the screen is too much for the 32" I already own (CRT). I've emailed Toshiba regarding the connections and screen resolution and I'm waiting to hear so I'll let you know when something comes through. There response should cover the poor info on their website.

The Sheep :clap:

Picking up a HDMI DVD is an option I suppose, but my current player is part of an all-in-1 (dvd/amp) home cinema kit.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom