1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component Input Issue

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Kazuya, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Kazuya

Kazuya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,

Newbie to these forums, but I own a Panasonic TX-68PS12A as a bedroom gaming TV, and recently bought component cables for my PS2.

Upon plugging them in, there is a visible picture, BUT the whole screen is tinted light blue. I tried pushing everything else through the input, HDTV receiver, XBOX, DVD player and even my PC display, but I come up with the same results. If anyone has any insight on what could cause the problem, I'd be glad to hear them!

Kazuya.

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I am not sure you have the model number of your TV correct as I have (nor could I find on the Panasonic website) heard of the model you are quoting. Do you mean the : TX24PS2 ?

If this is the case then this TV does not have component inputs and I am therefore assuming that you are connecting the component leads to the composite input. If this is the correct TV model the best picture you will be able to get will be from the 1 RGB enabled Scart socket the TV comes with.

3. Kazuya

Kazuya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In regards to the model number I am certain, BUT I think it has something to do with a Australian naming scheme (size is noted in cm for one).

There are definetely component inputs though, but I'm pretty certain that it doesn't support 480p. This problem is just really getting on my nerves since I'm coming off my main TV (142cm WS Panny), where I've tuned everything to be sweet :/.

4. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Have you switched from video[scart] to yuv in the players menu.This needs to be done before connecting the component cables.

5. Kazuya

Kazuya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah done that... same problem across all devices. Getting to the point where I'm looking at taking it in for repairs, but seriously need to have an idea of what the problem is so they don't give me some BS.