1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component in black and white

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by MattB1, Oct 11, 2005.

1. MattB1

MattB1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Last night I was setting up some Av equipment for my dad (Panasonic DVD recorder,Digibox, Surround sound, Sony plasma). I've done this sort of thing before but am having problems viewing the DVD recorder through component. All I get is a black and white picture.

Anybody have any ideas what may be causing this ? The component cables are connected directly from the component out on the DVD recorder to the component in on the plasma TV.

Thanks,
    Matt.

2. Mark_a

Mark_a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +469
    Have you checked the menu settings? On my Pioneer 530 recorder if you set RGB scart out as enabled it knobbles the component outut. It's one or the other, not both. No idea if that's your problem, though.

Regards

Mark

3. MattB1

MattB1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help Mark,

I'll check to see if that's the case. It's currently set as it was out of the box in which case i'd guess RGB scart out would be set to enabled.

Cheers,
    Matt.

4. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I had exactly the same problem with my DMR-EH60D when I connected it via component to my plasma straight from the box.

From the Function/Other/Setup/Connection menu you have to:

1. Switch Progressive to "On".

2. Set AV1 Output to "Video with Component".