Component Help

mad_angler1

Hi guys I need some help, CPC let me down today and did not deliver my 5m component cable, (missing from the delivery:mad:) from what can find component cables are 75ohm? Can I use CT100 coax and make up the cables my self?

I am laying the cables into the wall and really need to get it done tonight.

bxd

Hi,

Yes component cables are 75 ohm so you can use CT100 coax and wire it up yourself. Stick in a couple of lengths of cat 5 (or 6) as well you never know what you might need them for.

Brian

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
I believe, and someone correct me if I am wrong, that you can just use standard RCA Phono cables (i.e Red, White or Yellow).

Just make sure you keep the right cable going to the right colour attachment point on your DVD player and TV.

bxd

Hi,

At a "pinch" you can use ordinary phono to phono cables as a short term measure. If it's going into the wall, then you need to be using a proper 75ohm cable. Obviously with CT100, it'll all depend on the quality of your soldering or crimp connection onto the phono connector.

Brian

mad_angler1

gone with the CT100, i will then use F connector to Phono Adapters. thakns for the help :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom