1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component HELP HELP HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Porrm, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Porrm

Porrm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where can I get a decent set of component video leads to connect my Tosh SD220 to my AE100?

Please don't say the Media Factory cause I still have not received the quote they promised!!

Thing is my projector is being delivered tomorrow so I need them like NOW!!!

I had two very annoying conversations with staff at two separate Maplin stores this afternoon and I am no further forward!!

'Hello, I need a 3M length of component video cables to connect the component outs from my DVD player to the component ins on my projector'

Maplin Man: 'You Mean Composite?'

Me: 'No, I mean component!' Explain again.

Maplin Man: 'Thats composite!'

Me: 'No it isn't'

It continued like this for a while

In the end he muttered something about a Thor cable which is three phono to three phono. One Video and two audio!

I asked if this would work since I need three video and he said it wouldn't make any difference!!

Is he talking b@llocks?

I tried another branch of Maplins and I won't even go into how bad that conversation was. Apart from he said oh yes we've got something that will work but it's 1.5M long! I need 3M!!!! OH!!

Porrm.
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Theres at least one AV dealer in Newcastle, I popped in when I was up there, seemd quite friendly

I'm sure somebody can post thier name - give 'em a ring see what they've got in stock.

There is also SevenOaks

Sevenoaks Sound & Vision

19 Newgate Street

Newcastle-Upon-Tyne

Tyneside

NE1 5RE

Telephone: +44 (0191) 2212320

3. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +333
    porrm check yr pm ;)

4. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +533
    The Thor three phono to three phono will be ok as long as they are 75ohm cables and well sheilded. The audio and video cables will all be the same type of cable.

BUT!, they will not be correctly colour coded. Instead they will most likely be "Yellow-Red-White". But as long as the same colour lead goes into the same component "colour" on each unit it will work fine etc.

You could wrap some colour tape round the ends (Red/Green/Blue) to make it easier.

I've done this myself in the past with no problems.;)

5. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,024
    Porrm

Apologies if we have messed up - its been a tad frantic for a couple of weeks now and I'm sure we have messed up on a few enquiries. We just started a new Home Cinema chap this week so hopefully we can get up to speed with all enquiries and cut out the mistakes.

You can email or call me tonight at joe@tmfsolutions.co.uk or 07831 595 828 and I will sort out a price for you - though be warned the VanDamme boys are only just catching up after the run up to the World Cup so overnight wont happen this week I'm afraid.

Best regards

Joe