Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

component connection

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by richbambam, Jun 24, 2005.

1. richbambam

richbambam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    got a bit of a problem
    Ive got my DVD player & PS2 with component cables for a better picture,but i only have one component input on my Plasma tv & means i have to struggle behind the Plasma(which can be quite fiddly)to switch between DVD & PS2
    is there any connectors that i can plug both PS2 & DVD component cables into then plugging into my one component input on my plasma to save switching cables every tme & if there are any 2 into 1 connectors would i lose picture quality?
    many thanks

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,036
  3. richbambam

richbambam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,077
    richbambam

I'm sure there are cheaper solutions - though you'd want to have a 'look' at what they do with your video image before you installed one permanently.

They may be fine with a 14" portable TV but maybe not so good with a 42" Display :)

Funnily enough the JS Technology Box was recently launched to provide the Home Theatre market with a truly affordable decent quality YUV switcher (as most of the alternatives are £150+) and folk still want something less costly!!!

Best regards

Joe

PS 3 x RCA Y pieces will cost you about £6.00 :devil: