1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

component connection

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by richbambam, Jun 24, 2005.

1. richbambam

richbambam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    got a bit of a problem
    Ive got my DVD player & PS2 with component cables for a better picture,but i only have one component input on my Plasma tv & means i have to struggle behind the Plasma(which can be quite fiddly)to switch between DVD & PS2
    is there any connectors that i can plug both PS2 & DVD component cables into then plugging into my one component input on my plasma to save switching cables every tme & if there are any 2 into 1 connectors would i lose picture quality?
    many thanks

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,787
  3. richbambam

richbambam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    richbambam

I'm sure there are cheaper solutions - though you'd want to have a 'look' at what they do with your video image before you installed one permanently.

They may be fine with a 14" portable TV but maybe not so good with a 42" Display :)

Funnily enough the JS Technology Box was recently launched to provide the Home Theatre market with a truly affordable decent quality YUV switcher (as most of the alternatives are £150+) and folk still want something less costly!!!

Best regards

Joe

PS 3 x RCA Y pieces will cost you about £6.00 :devil: