1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component connection TX32PD50

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Trickdick, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Trickdick

Trickdick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help!

Just taken delivery of my new Panasonic 32PD50.

Was planning to connect this via component connection to my Pioneer 737DVD player but the Pioneer manual suggests using the S-video on the DVD to Scart on the tv as having a better picture than component.

My previous Tv, a Toshiba 32MW7DB was connected to the Pioneer by S-video to Scart, cos it didnt have component inputs.

Any thoughts?

Dazed and confused........

2. extechieman

extechieman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Component video is better quality signal than s-video. Perhaps you are mistaking it for composite video (or a typo errror in the Pioneer manual). Composite video is poorer quality than s-video.

3. Trickdick

Trickdick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help! (again)

I've just changed my TV to a Panasonic 32PD50.( previously Toshiba)

I previously ran a SCART to S-Video cable from TV to dvd and it worked fine.

I'm trying to use the same cable with the new TV but the pic is Black & White. Terrestrial channels and SKY are fine, its just the DVD.

Can I pick the experts brains please?

4. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    I would guess you have the scart socket on the TV and the s.video on the DVD player?

If this is the case you have used a scart socket that isnt s.video compatable - s.video is a signal type as well as a socket shape - the effect of sending a s.video signal to an RGB scart socket is black and white viewing.

Check in your manual to see which of your scart sockets are s.video enabled and ensure that you are using this scart socket in s.video mode