Component connection hassles

General Panic

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
Following advice on threads here recently i just purchased the Limit DVDA900SE from Play.com and it arrived yesterday. Just got to say brill service from Play.

It's my first DVD player to have a component function which i was hopeing to use on my LG plasma. My plasma when i cycle through the AV options has TV,AV1,AV2,AV3,Component and PC-RGB. The component connections are on the back of the screen as an addin board and to be honest over the last year and a half ive just ignored it. There doesn't seem to be an option in the plasma menu to activate it and i can't get my new player to get a signal on it.

I got a component cable and plugged in the appropriate colours in the connections on the plasma and player , set the dvd player in its menu to the component setting but i can only get a picture via a scart on one of the AV setting on the plasma.
I have tried pressing the PI button on the players remote to switch from interlace mode but when on the Copmponent screen on my plasma "no signal" is all i get.
With a Component cable attached , do i still need to have a scart connection as well or is it 1 or the other?
The picture from the scart is very good and while im content to use this i was hoping to be able to use the component feature.

Anyone any thoughts on where im going wrong or suggestions ( of a helpful manner :) )

Cheers

You should turn off any RGB setting and then disconnect all SCART connectors.

Then plug in the Component cord and try again.

As Lyris has said, you need to turn off the RGB output via scart. On all the DVD players I've seen you have either RGB or YUV component, but I've never seen both active at the same time.
To do this you normally just need to set the video output to composite or S-Video in the setup menu, therefore a scart, composite or S-Video lead will be needed to at least get it set up, but can be removed afterwards.

Mark.

Okay dokey , will try that after work to-night.
Thanks.

Right then , still no joy.
With my LG i got from Comet , i also got a tuner box which i've found also has 3 component connectors on it , as well as the 3 connections on the screen it's self but plugging my player into either of then still results in "no signal" on the screen display on the Component AV setting.
Could be a faulty Limit player?
Unfortunatly i don't know anyone with a Component coonceted dvd player to try another one out.

Anymore ideas i could try?

Cheers

No idea what i've done or how i did it but now working :)

Thanks for help.

General Panic

Assuming you have a single RCA 'Composite' Input on the PlasmaTV attach a cable from the 'Y Output on the DVD player to the 'Composite' Input of the TV.

If the Component Output sockets on the DVD player are active you should get a Black and White image from the DVD player.

If you get no image then the YUV 'Component' Output of the DVD player is not active.

Best regards

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom