component Connecting

Reaction score
hi i have a sanyo projector and panasonic plasma both need to be connected to my denon 2900 dvd player but im sick of keep switching components so i was looking to buy this http://www.js-technology.com/produc...id=50&osCsid=2dd3fd536dad45c59917f703c6c5dfb1
i am connecting the plasma via bettercables silver reference, and the projector via van damme, but is there any point connecting the plasma with the bettercables if i run a cheaper component to the buffer? will the singnal just be as good as the cheaper cable?
cheers lee

Hi,

Afraid you are only as good as your "weakest link" ;) As per the JSTech website:

"Output levels are the same as input levels - no loss or variations in brightness"

So I'd guess if a poor signal is passed through, it will output a poor signal regardless of quality of output cables. However, as per the age old argument, the differences in cables based on price is one difficult to quantify without being able to try it out yourself. Try and get a friendly local dealer to give a couple to try out on demo at home and see if you can see the differences.

I've also got the JSTech buffer :) sending to both plasma and projector, but I've got Mark Grant cables all round, so it's all pretty standard, and look great :smashin:

Cheers

Andy

i thought so, ive got a mark grant 1m i was gonna use from dvd - buffer but ive never had a chance to try it as the plasma has bnc and the projector is too far away and the MG is rca, everyone seems to like them so ill just use that and at least there shouldnt be any loss.
is the buffer good for PQ like they say?
cheers lee

Yep, the buffer looks great to me. If you do a search for the JStech buffers, I'd be suprised if you found a bad story :) I used the projector without the buffer before I got a plasma, and needed the buffer to split the signal, and I couldn't notice a difference.

Cheers

Andy

Hello lee car

The JS Technology Active Component Buffer does a great job for very little money.

If your worried about it having a negative impact on your system then I'm sure a Home Loan can be organised :)

Another much more costly alternative being the Zektor HDS4.2 - four Inputs this time and two Outputs; one passive and one driven for use with longer cables going to a projector or similar.

See http://www.zektor.com/hds42/index.html

Again I'm sure a Home Loan can be organised on a Zektor!!!

Best regards

Joe

thanks joe
is there a 2 in 2 out available anywhere? or a cheaper 4 in 2 out? the zektor is a bit out of my budget but something like that i think would suit me better
do you sell the buffer?
cheers lee

My amp (Sony DB930) doesn't have component switch and I'm just thinking about running both a DVD player and XBox 360 in component, potentially to 2 screens! Would there be any loss from connecting the JS Tech buffers and switches together?

Hello baldrick

Running the Output of the (2:1) Master Component controller to the (1:2) Active Component Buffer works fine.

Best regards

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom