• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Component/Composite/Scart problems

R

Ruadhribrennan

I bought an LG HT302SD only yesterday. It has a scart on the back, but the manual says that picture is not supported through scart on this model. The only means of transferring video seems to be through component (YCbCr) video, yet the projector i want to run it through has only composite video, vga, svideo and coaxial inputs, no component video. Anyone know how i can get around this problem? thanks!

MarkTaylor

Prominent Member
I think if you read your manual again you'll see it says :

'A picture via scart input is not supported.'

i.e. you can't route an image in via SCART and out via component, but it does support a picture out via SCART.

Still though, that isn't very helpful as it looks to be a composite SCART not RGB.

I would be inclined to take the LG HT302SD back if you can and do a bit more research before making your purchase as you need an S-Video route to your projector.

MarkTaylor

Prominent Member
You say co-axial inputs on your projector, how are they labelled?

Good question; some devices have BNC component inputs rather than RCA so that can cause confusion as well.

If we knew which make/model of course it would all be a lot easier :)

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom