1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component calibration

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by mobily, Mar 22, 2004.

1. mobily

mobily
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hello all,

I have read that the best picture settings for component video will always be really bad for watching ordinary tv or video pictures, is this right. I have quoted what I read below:

"The downside is that getting the best picture requires calibration specific to the Component Video input, and the ideal settings for the Component input will likely be very different for the other inputs. In other words, what looks great through the Component input will almost certainly look bad when watching TV or using your VCR"

I myself have always used the same picture settings and not noticed any discernable difference,

James :)

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    Where did you get this quote? The difference between the component and composite or s-video inputs is dependant on the display device and the DVD player. There is no global answer like this. All inputs should be calibrated seperately but you may well find that they are all similar.

Gordon