Component cables for Sony VW11

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by nigel_williams, Feb 24, 2002.

1. nigel_williams

nigel_williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I visited the Bristol Hi-Fi show yesterday and made some enquiries about component 10m cables. Of the many suppliers there, I was quoted prices in the region of £180.

I know it's worth spending money on decent interconnects, but when I spoke to PMC, they recommended Van Damme, as used by the professionals.

Is there anyone out there using Van Damme cables for component? Do I need more than 3 cables? Can you recommend a supplier, London preferrably?

I hope to get the projector this week and as I'm running cables through the roof, I might as well install component too!

2. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,276
    Try Joe or Roland for Van damm. I also have a recollection of Maplin doing them as well. If you have a 5/6 coax in one bundle then they can also do SVideo and composite to your projector if you need that as well. All in one neat package.

They are a well designed 75 ohm cable but I can't see any real difference between this and the IXOS version (but they are more flexible / convenient than my normal RG59 / RG6 COAX).

3. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +298
    Email Joe at The Media Factory I have just orderd some Vandamme componant 10 metres long for £42.40 :) I have heard they are pretty good.

4. nigel_williams

nigel_williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks guys. I've got in touch with both of them so I'll probably put an order in soon.