1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component Cable Question

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by JD_303, May 27, 2004.

1. JD_303

JD_303

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hit there, i have a hitachi pma400e plasma screen and am using a progressive scan sony dvd player with an IXOS 1703 Component cable, however the image is rather dotted and not so clear, when I run a vga cable through it is fine from my pc and when the screen is blank it is clear as possible, could this be a problem with the cable? It cost £40 and appeared to be good quality...im not so sure? when i look at dvd's it looks a little dodgy, i have no other cables i can test with.
    thanks in advance.

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    I believe this could be a software issue with the screen. Some pMA400's cannot accept progressive scan, it has been noticed before. I have also heard rumous it can be fixed with an upgrade from Hitachi, try a search for PMA400 progressive scan here.

3. JD_303

JD_303

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It seems that when i turn the progressive feature onto normal on the player, it still seems dotted.....

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    In that case look for a mains cable beside your component cable. Must be interference, could be due to insufficient quality. It might be worth a shot to wrap it in foil?