Component Cable From 100 Quid DVD Player

shrimp3r

I've got my Plasma coming on Friday and need to connect my Pio 575A DVD player to it via component. So I'm trying to decide on the best cable to use. I've checked out the Mark Grant cables and they look pretty good, put spending almost half the cost of my DVD player on a component cable seems to be a bit of an unbalanced approach. Is an MG cable overkill considering the DVD player that I've got? Is there a cheaper make of cable that would perform relatively well l - costing say 10 to 15 quid?

Thanks

Mark Mac

per-Sony-fied

Novice Member
An alternative that *may* be better is JVC's component lead.
Tried and tested I think it does extremely well for a £10 purchase from Curry's. Rubbish, inadequate or not up to the job do not come to mind when viewing via this cable. Very clear image and saturated colours. IMV can easily be mistaken for something much much more expensive.

shrimp3r

The Dixons near my work has two types of JVC component cables, one for 7 quid and one for 8. Probably worth a punt to see if I can detect any PQ issues with them - not much to lose if they are crap.

Mark Mac
per-Sony-fied said:
An alternative that *may* be better is JVC's component lead.
Tried and tested I think it does extremely well for a £10 purchase from Curry's. Rubbish, inadequate or not up to the job do not come to mind when viewing via this cable. Very clear image and saturated colours. IMV can easily be mistaken for something much much more expensive.

per-Sony-fied

Novice Member
shrimp3r said:
The Dixons near my work has two types of JVC component cables, one for 7 quid and one for 8. Probably worth a punt to see if I can detect any PQ issues with them - not much to lose if they are crap.

Mark Mac
:thumbsup: Don't think you can go wrong. Dunno the difference but £1 is not gonna break the bank. The ones I tried have spring coil strain reliefs at the connectors.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom