1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component Cable advise.

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by sharger, Jan 5, 2005.

1. sharger

sharger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    Hi all

Received my component cables through from Mark Grant today(boy these are well built cables). I have not had chance to set my equipment up yet but I have had a little fiddle! I've plugged the cable into a Rgb to Component convertor box from JS Tech which arrived today also.

I have a couple of questions which I would be grateful if anyone has some advice.

1. Where the cable is so stiff, out of the three conectors when plugged into the convertor one of them does not stay fully home (slightly eased out). Will this affect the PC when I connect it up for real and if so what is the solution? (I didn't want to bend cable to much in case I damaged it.)

2. Do the colours have to correspond to the colour coded terminals, or providing that as long as the same colour is in the corresponding terminal on each piece of equipment that will suffice? (reason for asking is that the cable lays better for example red blue green, as opposed to the terminals reading blue red green)

2. sharger

sharger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    Sorry mean't PQ not PC!!!!!