1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Component and Scart

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by richjthorpe, Oct 29, 2004.

1. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi all,

Is there an adapter that converts a SCART signal on to a Component cable ?

Here is my idea....

I'm looking at an LCD tv with component inputs (Also has SCART RGB). My DVD player only has SCART (RGB) and I shal be running a cable under the floor. To save myself from ripping up the floors twice (First time to run a SCART, the second time to run component when I find enough money for a component equipped DVD player), can I run a component cable and change the ends for the different connection when the time comes ?

Wacky idea, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks, Richie.

2. Barcoing Mad

Barcoing Mad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    Run a whole load of decent coax cable- R,G,B, H and V., plus component triplet- eight total. More than enough (you'll think....)

Terminate with BNC connectors.

Then make up SCARTs to BNC break out (pin outs can be found at Maplin).

(I use my A/V amp to switch both component and R,G,B, Sync (on composite)- component sockets used for RGB, Sync is routed through s-video Y).

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Yes you can convert an RGB scart output to YUV component, but it is not just a matter of a different connector. RGBS & YUV component are different signals that need to be converted and if not done well will result in a large loss of quality.
    The best solution for the conversion can be bought from www.js-technology.com but there are other cheapers converters from the likes of Keene.

Mark.