component and rgb----don't ebay----

davidcharles

Prominent Member
Reaction score
don't be lurd into paying silly money for component or rgb cables, they really aren't worth it....i sort of fell into the trap and bought both from Game ....whilst the picture is better (only just), they aren't worth paying £40 or £50 for on ebay...i feel a bit ripped off paying £20 each .... colours look a bit more vibrant and the text is a clearer but thats it.....i think people are expecting some kind of high def picture but it won't happen......

I think the amount of difference is quite dependent on your TV. The difference between the supplied composite cable and the new RGB SCART on my TV is quite significant.

The other problem I had with the composite through the scart adapter was that it didn't work with my switcher box...if both pieces of kit were switched on at the same time I couldn't get the TV to display a picture for the Wii??

don't be lurd into paying silly money for component or rgb cables, they really aren't worth it....i sort of fell into the trap and bought both from Game ....whilst the picture is better (only just), they aren't worth paying £40 or £50 for on ebay.

The ebay party for component cables is over it seems anyway, i've seen gameplay and madcatz ones going for £25 delivered today on there.. where last week they were going for £60-£80.

don't be lurd into paying silly money for component or rgb cables, they really aren't worth it....i sort of fell into the trap and bought both from Game ....whilst the picture is better (only just), they aren't worth paying £40 or £50 for on ebay...i feel a bit ripped off paying £20 each .... colours look a bit more vibrant and the text is a clearer but thats it.....i think people are expecting some kind of high def picture but it won't happen......

He has a point I picked up my Wii yesterday and was lucky enough to get a Game component lead, just don't expect the pin sharp clarity of 360/PS3 I refer more to the ingame jaggies, well they are on my 40" LCD....I thought the likes of Anti-liasing could be applied to a lower res then HD?

The quality difference between the composite cable and the official Wii RGB Scart cable is well worth the £22.99 I paid.

I was not expecting HD quality, just sharper text and better colours and that is what it delivers so :thumbsup:

i still think 23 quid is a rip off...it should come with an rgb lead as standard, it can't cost anymore to produce than the composite lead and block and i would have thought 99% of modern tv's accept rgb now anyway.....

even the 360 came with the right cables (premium pack anyway)

it will be interesting to see what sony bung with ps3.....an rf lead probably....

so where and what lead is best for getting one in the door this week?

ta,
Sword

i still think 23 quid is a rip off...it should come with an rgb lead as standard, it can't cost anymore to produce than the composite lead and block and i would have thought 99% of modern tv's accept rgb now anyway.....

it will be interesting to see what sony bung with ps3.....an rf lead probably....

PS3 comes with a composite cable so they are even cheaper than Nintendo as its an HD console so should have come with at least an HDMI or Component cable.

I own a Sony Bravia 50 inch and I can honestly say hand on heart that the difference between composite and an RGB scart is a lot, and component even when still interlaced is still an enormous inprovement. Currently my Wii looks inferior to my PS2 which is 5 years old now but is also hooked up via component, and gamecube games look better running on the GC :(.
That said however I am in full agreement with what you have said, and the reason I am enduring the blur that is composite output is I refuse to pay over the odds for a cable on ebay.

Your right about it being lame to bundle just a composite lead but maybe pressure to make money on a component lead came from the board and 3rd party accessory companies.

PS3 comes with a composite cable so they are even cheaper than Nintendo as its an HD console so should have come with at least an HDMI or Component cable.

I can't believe they have the nerve to sell their all singing and dancing 1080p wonder machine , with a composite cable....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom