Componant to Scart or Scart to Scart??

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by SimonYoung, Nov 1, 2005.

1. SimonYoung

SimonYoung

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, this may be a silly question, but I've got a question on Component RGB outs or RGB Scart outs... I have a Denon DHT-500SD system which has both RGB Component out and an RGB Scart out and i have an RGB scart in on my TV.

I was wondering which was the best way to connect up to my screen, i currently use a scart/scart connection from the Denons scart out to the TV's RGB scart in, but would there be any quality improvements if i get an RGB Component/Scart cable to connect the RGB out on my player to the RGB scart in on the screen or will it not be noticable enough to justify buying the cable? This is the cable i was thinking of:

http://www.futureshop.co.uk/profigold-pgv372-scart-to-component-video-cable-15m-p-297.html)

Thanks for any help anyone can give, i've tried to find out on the web, but seem to go in circles and im going dizzy with it now!

2. Zacabeb

Zacabeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    The only real option you have is to stick with the SCART-SCART connection. The component output of the DVD player is not in RGB, but YPrPb form, which is not usually supported by SCART inputs.

The reason why component-SCART cables do exist is primarily because some DVD players are able to output YPrPb component via SCART, which can then be connected to a display with component inputs.

3. SimonYoung

SimonYoung

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, i never knew, havent even heard of YPrPb form... i thought RGB was RGB!

Thanks again, saves me investing £40 on a cable that will be of no use to me... I'll stick with the RGB scart out as thats the best quality connection left on the unit

Simon