1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Componant on Sony VW10HT

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by LV426, May 8, 2001.

1. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,070
    I don't know if this is a factor, but the component connections are only 3-way (ie 2 of the input sockets on the VW10 are unused). So, maybe your three (!) component cables are connected to the wrong sockets on either the Arcam or the VW10.

Also, you have to tell the VW10, via the menu, that the input on (eg) input A is a component video signal. Sorry, I'm at work so I can't remember the exact sequence - but from recollection it was fairly intuitive.

2. Black 5

Black 5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I thinkn LV426 is right - the two additional sockets on the Sony are for HD signals (horizontal and vertical sync, I think).

You only need to connect 3, the RG and B, but maybe someone with an Arcam can help out. Are there really 4 sockets on the back of it? I've also heard of some leads being incorrectly colour coded at one or the other ends - there's only so many combinations with 3 leads that it shouldn't take long to have exhausted them all. Are you sure the lead itself is not dodgy?

I'm using the component input with no problems and don't recall having to set anything in a menu - selecting input A was all I needed to do.

If you're still having problems, try http://www.thebigpicturedvd.com where there's a board dedicated to the 10HT made up of some pretty experienced users.

3. Alaric

Alaric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Hi there,

My brother in law has one of these and an Arcam DV-88.....However while Svideo works fine, try as we might, we could not get componant working properly.

The arcam is set to Componant, rather than RGB, which i've heard has tripped people up....but still no joy.

We get either a B&W picture or a green picture (depening on setting of the input)....Its a 4 way lead (RGB+Comp Sync)

Any ideas / pointers ???

Ta,
    Lee (More at home with a Barco CRT than these new fangled LCD's !)

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,808
    Input A and B are configureable for either RGB or Component input on a VPL10.

The RGB phono outputs are configureable for either RGB or Component out on a DV88. If set to RGB then composite video is used as the single "sync"signal.

You need to set the VPL10 to Component in on Input A nad set the DV88 to High Quality video out as Component. You then only need three leads and it'll work.

Gordon