1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Componant cable for the XBOX?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Gary D, Sep 23, 2002.

1. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    does anyone know if you can buy a componant video cable for the xbox? I suspect that there isn't but i thought i'd ask

thanks folks

Gary

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is - I got mine from Game (£24.99 by Gamester) Connected it to my AE100 and it confirms that it receives an interlaced piccy!!
    Only thing is is that you only get DD Opt out when using component - the phono left/right isn't enabled (it is when using sVid though)

3. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    roger, sorry for being dense, but it is COMPONANT and not comporsite?

i've just bought a huge new telly with componant video inputs and would like to play halo through it.

i've looked at the game website and nothing is listed. after a wider search on the web i found a few cables listed , most notably the advanced hi def pack that you can buy in the US, but i can find nothing listed for britain (and i suspect that the US one wont work with a UK xbox.)

any info would be gratefully recieved.

thanks in advance

gary

4. fuzzybee

fuzzybee
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Gary

Yes the US High Deff pack does work with the uk xbox but you will only get a interlaced component picture not Prog Scan

I bought mine from Raven games and it cost me £40:eek:

I nolonger have a xbox so if you are interested I will sell it you at the right price;)

Pm me if you are interested:)

5. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    fuzzybee, i've just bought the cable that rogeralpine mentioned, sorry. why did you get rid of the best console on the planet?

Gary

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes - it is component, but I think you know that already ;)

I am suitably impressed with it - let me know what you think of it?

7. DVDcake

DVDcake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I brought this cable and connected it to a Panasonic LC75e projector via a VGA to BNC breakout cable as the component inputs are part of the HD15 socket. However I find that I get faint green vertical bands on the picture with DVDs although it does not affect games. I also have Microsoft's own component cable, brought from Canada but find that the green bands are even worse on this. Has anyone any idea what causes this?:confused:

Also I thought the UK X-box was supposed to be able to do a progressive picture at least with the games. It is only the US one that can do this and if so how can Gamester call their cable 'Hi-Def'? I would hardly call a bit less noise than S-video high definition. :rolleyes:

8. DVDcake

DVDcake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Just read another post in the LCD projector section that answers my own question. The UK Xbox needs to be chipped and then set to NTSC using a Video Select CD to allow the progressive options to be activated in the video menu. Seems the UK was never intended to get 'Hi-Def' out of the standard Xbox.:mad: