Complications! Re: Blade Runner 5 disc Blu Ray under £9!!!!

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by ARNOLD AKIEN, Jun 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ARNOLD AKIEN

ARNOLD AKIEN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +347
    Hi Zone,

In your Role as moderator you Terminated a previous thread as titled above. You might care to reconsider your decision.

I have no personal interest since I do already have this Title but out of sheer curiosity I did try to follow a link in the thread that appeared to have caused the closure of an interesting bargain ...

I mean, Good Grief " [Blade Runner - The Complete Collector's Edition (Blu-Ray) [ [Blade Runner - The Complete Collector's Edition (Blu-Ray) ]
    [Harrison Ford (actor), Rutger Hauer (actor) and Ridley Scott (director)] Blu-Ray 2007-12-18

$ 39.99 Save 71 % $1199 [ "

and I got ... "Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator "Since I hadn't heard of either the Bargain or the dealer 'Tower.com ' and since Tower and the Bargain do, still, exist and it seems to me that the reason for Termination doesn't .. and also since the notify administrators link is absurdly complicated I thought that I'd post this new thread for Your Attention.

Sorry if this upsets some sort of Arcane Protocol. :devil:

2. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +10,592
    In defence of Zone I can see the thread was closed as these deals have already been posted many times, in fact you can see the exact post by the same person in this thread:
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=775570

or would you rather have hundreds of threads on the same subject? :rolleyes:

3. partyweb

partyweb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +529

:hiya: Totally agree with you Greg. I don't see what was wrong with the Original Bladerunner thread that meant everyone has to post a new thread every time they spot it cheap somewhere.

:thumbsdow The sooner these HD fire sales end the better!!! This forum has become unbareable lately littered with duplicate posts and non-uniform thread titles. It's no wonder Zone & Greg have a hard time managing the housekeeping here.

Looks like it could be time again for me to bump up my poll thread about splitting the forum into sub-forums for each format. :devil:

4. ARNOLD AKIEN

ARNOLD AKIEN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +347

Its not an HD fire sale but a Blue Ray bargain and, Yes, if it is a continuing Blue Ray Bargain then why shouldn't it be advertised as long as that particular Seller is still selling the particular item at this price? Combining threads or updating a continuing bargain would make sense terminating a thread when the deal is ongoing would seem to me to be unreasonable and that is why I suggested that the mod might like to reconsider his decision. I have nothing whatsoever to gain from this this since I already have this version of the 5disc Blue Ray Blade Runner ... which I paid rather more for than I would have if I'd known about this deal.

Moreover I did say...

" and I got ... "Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator "Since I hadn't heard of either the Bargain or the dealer 'Tower.com ' and since Tower and the Bargain do, still, exist and it seems to me that the reason for Termination doesn't .. and also since the notify administrators link is absurdly complicated I thought that I'd post this new thread for Your Attention.

Sorry if this upsets some sort of Arcane Protocol. "

No heat on my part. Why the Fuss on yours ?

5. partyweb

partyweb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +529
    No worries AA, I understand it was not the HD version which is why I suggested my original multi-format thread which discussed each at length in detail. I used to update the best prices for each format in my #1 post of that thread but gave up when so many different threads started along the lines of "Bladerunner now cheaper here" :boring: I mean come on what's wrong with just one thread!!!

Sorry if I've hijacked your thread to rant on about the current chaos but I think personally you didn't need to start this thread anyway. A PM to Zone to express your views might have been a better solution. ;)

6. ARNOLD AKIEN

ARNOLD AKIEN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +347
    Hundreds might be just a Teeny bit of an exaggeration don't you think?:rolleyes: But even if there were Hundreds of repetitions of the same News then the fact that the News is being repeated could mean that the new poster hasn't read the previous posts of the news item and so it is NEW news to him - it was certanly news to me. Or if it is a repetition of old news by a person who previously posted about a singular bargain and that bargain is still sufficiently notable then where can the harm be in letting the new thread run or combining it with an earlier thread?

It really was news to me and if I hadn't already bought this item then I would have Pounced upon it.:devil:

7. ARNOLD AKIEN

ARNOLD AKIEN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +347
    Not to worry.You mean ONE Thread to Rule Them All on Bladerunner 5disc ? Nothing wrong with that and indeed combining the new sighting with a previous thread on the same OLD subject would seem to be sensible to me.:cool:

The Time May now have come for it to be appropriate to separate the HD DVD posts into a forum of their very own since collecting HD DVDs and HD players is now almost like collecting Antiques .. The Wax Cylinders of the future? :D

Sending a PM just didn't occur to me. My post was just a spur of the moment thing and certainly not intended to generate Heat. I seem to have bumped pre-existing Raw Nerves .. sorry about that.

8. tutu

tutu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Well I am glad it was posted (again) at a lower price as I probably would not have seen it. I've been waiting for this title to come down a bit and now finally I have a new blu-ray to watch!

Now i'm waiting for the next good deal :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.