Complex one - Needs a PC WIZZZZ!! HELP

davemarsden132

Hi All,

So I have abit of a complex issue, its been going on since i bought my PC but identifying the fault is proving IMPOSSIBLE.

Fault: Warzone feel's stuttery, and I am behind on my screen by about 1-1.5 seconds. So on my Screen I Preaim a corner, shoot the SECOND i see the guy. ON the killcam and my mates PC who was watching me, the guy peaks - I dont shoot for 1-1.5 seconds, i then shoot. I die! Hitting all my shots because he has a 1.5sec advantage on me. Some people call it 'shoot first die first' Ive read so much on this.. But yesterday after being on about 5hrs the game got really bad - FPS drop and everything... Now I have checked the temperature of the PC incase its that but its all stable.

I have also looked in MSI afterburner - Only thing I can see is that the RAM in there states MAX 16000 (Not exact that num) But I have 32GB ram so shouldnt that be 32000 also it says its running that at 100% i shall play tonight and post some photos.

What I have Tried: So i read alot about it being my internet is too fast and the game causes a lag compensation - I'm not 100% on this because I have tried different providers at diff speeds - I have FTTP, Ive tried BT 900down 300up, Sky 60 down 20 up and I am currently with Ghost Gaming on 300 down 60 up. All of which I still have the issue. I then figured maybe its not the internet, maybe its something to do with my PC - SO I read more, apparently a bad motherboard can cause it - So I Swapped out my motherboard. Still nope, i've now read that RGB Ram can cause it, but also faulty GFX card and CPU... Basically EVERYTHING in the PC - But its too expensive to swap things out just to try it.. I have tried a USB - Ethernet to see if it was the ethernet - I have tried 4 different gaming routers, new wires, BT even installed a brand new ONT to see if that would fix it.

PC: I7 10700k @ 3.6GHz (16 cpus) ~ 3.8ghz

32 GB RAM -

CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO SL 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) C16 1.35V Desktop​

RTX 3070 8GB

Running on a 2k LG UltraGear Monitor at 144hz with a DP Cable.

davemarsden132

No idea whhat any of this image mean but i thought id google a test and run it

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 20

MooCow

No idea whhat any of this image mean but i thought id google a test and run it

Test results look spot on compared to same GPU/CPU comparison - maybe slightly under on GPU but only a hair but you are still in top few percent anyway so nothing to worry about.

Given as the PC seems to be benchmarking fine, have you tried any other games - one game in isolation doesn't really tell us a lot TBH.
Maybe try something widely benchmarked like Shadow of Tomb Raider or similar if you have it so that we can do some comparison

But my first hunch is network related - have you looked at your ping/latency specifically to Warzones servers? I think there may be something in the setting menu that reveals that - not sure I don't have it just going on some quick searches.
Networking is far more complex than just what is going on overall speed wise.
Do you run any VPN or similar via your router?
Are you running any capture software or similar locally?

Can you also try testing some of these:

It should give you an overall idea of the connectivity to common game servers.

Example from mine - Call of Duty (COD) - Modern Warfare- GameServerPing.com

Last edited:

anlygi

I'd be with MooCow in thinking it's almost certainly network related, something causing an excessively high ping time. If your mouse/controller inputs are translated instantly on your screen, it's unlikely to be your PC hardware causing input lag.

I have a 3070 and also using a 144hz LG UltraGear (27gl-850) with Virgin M350 and have no such problems.

I think before you go swapping any more components, if possible take your PC to a friend's or family to rule out network. I know you've had different BB, routers and cable, but is there anything like a network switch between your PC and router or direct connection with a single cable? If it does it at a friend's I would personally do a fresh Windows install then take it from there.

next010

Distinguished Member
battlenonsence has a bunch of general tips of reducing peekers advantage, maybe it will help in your case too.

in addition to the above within cod warzone
nvidia reflex on or
on + boost (GPU will never idle so more power draw)
vsync off
no fps limit
exclusive fullscreen
favour fps over visuals try to maintain high fps so lower details to medium or less if needed.

See if any of the above help in reducing system lag.

davemarsden132

Test results look spot on compared to same GPU/CPU comparison - maybe slightly under on GPU but only a hair but you are still in top few percent anyway so nothing to worry about.

Given as the PC seems to be benchmarking fine, have you tried any other games - one game in isolation doesn't really tell us a lot TBH.
Maybe try something widely benchmarked like Shadow of Tomb Raider or similar if you have it so that we can do some comparison

But my first hunch is network related - have you looked at your ping/latency specifically to Warzones servers? I think there may be something in the setting menu that reveals that - not sure I don't have it just going on some quick searches.
Networking is far more complex than just what is going on overall speed wise.
Do you run any VPN or similar via your router?
Are you running any capture software or similar locally?

Can you also try testing some of these:

It should give you an overall idea of the connectivity to common game servers.

Example from mine - Call of Duty (COD) - Modern Warfare- GameServerPing.com
Not sure how you shared it but I got

UK - 17
Ireland - 22
Europe - 30

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom