• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Complex IF Statements

nowthatswhatica

Established Member
Hi All,

Is anyone good with complex if statements?

The point of this excel sheet is calculate how much VAT I owe or how much I can claim.

Any help much appreciated.

one of the screen prints show a minus figure which is what I would owe to hmrc in this example.

Thanks

Attachments

• if1.jpg
    if1.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 101
  • if2.png
    if2.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 99
D

Deleted member 30535

Personally I'd look at a slight redesign as well and use conditional formatting.

Would this work?

j8VNpl7.png

Attachments

• tax_colours.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 22

nowthatswhatica

Established Member
What do you want it to look like? Are you trying to put the result in a different location, trying to change some text, or something else?

Thank you for your quick response guys!

Where I've got cell L6 that would show me how much I owe for that period.

My assumption being Total input tax minus total output tax?

So I2 minus I3? But in the previous example that would show me £1,104.69 which is incorrect.

Where I've got L7 that would be the total I can claim for that period so input tax minus output tax. But I believe this to be the incorrect too as the cell shows a negative figure

Basically I want the numbers to fit in the corresponding cell.

Please see another example attached of why the formula isn't working for me.

So the information I'm trying to calculate is:

how much do I owe? if this is 0 then show 0, if I owe VAT then show total I owe

How much can I can? if this is a 0 then show 0, if I can claim money then show total owed

Attachments

• if3.jpg
    if3.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

nowthatswhatica

Established Member
You've got it wrong way around. If output tax is higher than input tax then you owe the difference to HMRC.

I agree with you, but if i use my current method of deducting the amount I end up with a negative number rather than 0.

please see attached another example.

Attachments

• if4.jpg
    if4.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 57

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom