Complex Cable Query

MichaelMJD

Standard Member
Hi guys, just wondering if you can give me a hand with some audio cable questions. I've recently moved into a new house and im wiring it up before decorating.

I use dj'ing equipment and have purchased some Alesis M1 Active 620 studio monitors. Here's a image of the rear of the monitors.. image

Ill be going to the monitors from this mixer, heres image of the rear... image

Now heres the complex part (well in my novice eye's anyway). I take it i need to insure the XLR input into the back of the monitors is balanced. However im planning on using a phono wall plate, here's some images of that.... image image

I was going to go from the mixer to the phono wall plate with a standard RCA phono cable and then use the rca phono jack to XLR cable which i purchased (which is 6metre long, so can run under the floor), attaching the rca end of the cable into the rear of the phono wall plate using this tutoial.... link , then placing the XLR end of the cable into the monitors.

Hope you understand what im trying to explain and have some advice for me.

Many thanks for reading this!

Member 373730

Hi,

Have you got a link to the RCA to XLR cable you have purchased, as I thought this was not possible with a simple cable? Would this be changing a unbalanced signal to balanced?

Its a shame the DJ Mixer doesn't have XLR out.

Best Regards

Chris

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
:rtfm: - your speakers have Balanced (XLR) and Unbalanced (1/4) inputs.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom