1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

completed PGR2 Kudos Wolrd Series on Platinum yesterday.

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by zcaps57, Dec 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zcaps57

zcaps57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And got a brand new TVR Cerbera Speed 12. :D This car is such a beast to tame... :laugh:

2. Spoonman2

Spoonman2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    GIT!! :smashin:

Spoony.

3. kwijibo

kwijibo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'll be steering (ged it!) well clear of you on LIVE then.......

4. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Is the Speed 12 worth having? I've got up to Ultimate on single player, all at silver except the Ultimate level itself as my first goal was to get the Enzo and I find it as quick as anything. Certainly been beating Speed 12's online. I would like the GT1 so I'll get that (all on silver?).

I guess if you can handle it, it's quick but most of the guys who have it have got it through cheating so can't (not suggesting you have for a minute as I'm sure it's possible to do all platinum with a bit of effort). The ones I find difficult are the cone challenges. What is your approach? Just fast and clean or do you need to put some slides etc. in as well? The races and one on ones etc. are relitavely easy.

5. zcaps57

zcaps57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Most of guys I met on Live who drives the Speed 12 got it using Action Replay. I can usually beat them with lowly Enzo. :D

TVR Cerbera Speed 12 is NOT easy. It's a beast.
    At the moment I'm getting used to this car, and I can't drive the Speed 12 like I do with 911 GT1, CLK-GTR or Enzo...

From watching some of top people's ghost (Riko Ninja, for example) drving the Speed 12, I'm sure it is lethal in right hands, but currently, I am having trouble keeping it on track like the way I do with other Ultimate cars.

Yes, it's cone torture. :laugh:
    It depends... if I slide not to lose Kudos combo, or make the fastest, and clean line possible to the next cone. It really depends on time limit, cars, and sections of tracks.

Learn how to make a link anytime with a quick application of the handbrake, feathering of the normal brake and counter steer after initiating a slight slide. The end result is a virtually straight slide with very little movement left or right.

Another tip I can give is to complete one lap of a cone challenge by going thru without any sliding. Don't worry, the object of this exercise is to estimate the time it takes to complete one lap. This will allow you to factor in for # of laps, long distances between cones and some link maneuvers and still remain on pace.

6. i-bert

i-bert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Why should we believe you?

7. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    This is the problem with anyone who has a speed 12, nobody on live believes they have earned it. I believe it is possible as I got enough on one of the ultimate cone challenges to get platinum once (but I was going for silver.......). I have the hang of them now and I'm going through again, trying to get platinum or gold on each race and if I can get enough, I'll work on the remaining few to get the speed 12. Gold should be fairly easy for the Merc and will allow me more kudos to buy other cars to race on live.

I could just buy an Action Replay but I like to get my money's worth out of games so I'll work on it the hard way. Anyway, there was a guy on the other night in a speed 12 and I was kicking his ass in my GT1 on a regular basis. The acceleration of the thing is phemononal though.

What I want to know is why more people don't race classics on live. 250 GTO races are really good fun. Unfortunately, my uplink is not fast enough to host as I'm right at the limit of RADSL.

8. i-bert

i-bert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I always do my medal challenges when on live so my scores get posted and you can check my position.

9. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    You mean you are connected when you do them? I think I am too as it signs me in when I boot it up. I'm doing gold at the mo and will try to do the cone challenges on platinum first as I think that's where I will get stuck if anywhere.

Tell me, how do you keep kudos rolling when doing 360's? I watch replays of top ghosts and they get a multiple 360 going and the ticker keeps rolling. When I do it, it just stops and the combo bonus doesn't keep adding up. I'm able to get gold fairly easilly now by basically hammering every course flat out with no mistakes but when I try to throw in a 360, it all goes wrong.

Any hints?

10. KelvinHT

KelvinHT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    anyone for a spin ... tag in Siggy

11. zap

zap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I take my hat of to you guys for putting in the effort & time to get as far as you have.

I spend most of my limited playing time online so never get the chance to play much offline. I have therefore taken the easy option & used the action replay.

At least I can now enjoy the cars with my mates online. I am sure you would easilly beat me in a race due to your experience in the games but I enjoy the live races anyway.

Zap

12. zcaps57

zcaps57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What makes you think I care if you believe me or not. :laugh:

My gamer tag is PowerK, and I have my stats (scores) stored on PGR2 Live server. :p

13. Thrash

Thrash
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've completed it on Silver and am now going for gold, the racing is no problem but I have no idea how the cone challenges are possible on platinum

14. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thrash, it's mind boggling isn't it? The key is to keep the combo bonus rolling. That is, you must perform a combo move (cone gate, nice slide, two wheels, nice line etc.) every 2 seconds. That way, the bonus builds and multiplies. To get platinum you need to do this for the whole run and try to chuck in as many slides etc as possible.

If you have XBL, watch some of the ghosts doing it to see how it all works. I have done a couple on platinum now and I find that you need to work through the run gate by gate and work out how to get to each one without dropping the combo bonus. You may need to dab the handbrake etc. Then you need to complete the course at high speed without hitting a cone and sliding all over the shop. Not easy. On most classes, a clean fast run will get enough kudos for platinum without the need for 360's etc.

Gold is fairly easy on most challenges and I'm racking them up now. Not sure if I'll be able to get them all on platinum.

15. Thrash

Thrash
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the tip, I'll have a look at the ghosts and see what they are doing.

16. i-bert

i-bert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    The fact that you made a thread telling people that you had it gave me the impression that you wanted people to believe you.

17. zcaps57

zcaps57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Couple of days ago, I entered a room of about 5 or 6 and used the GT1 since everyone else was using Ultimates. I didn't want to be too obnoxious about the TVR and use it immediately because I know how annoyed people are with it.

So we do a two lap race (this was Exhibition) and I win by 25 seconds. Wanting to nip any claims of "he's using an AR" in the bud and to show them I really am better than they are, I drop down to the Noble (two classes down for those that don't know). And again, I win versus their Ultimates by about 6 seconds.

Figuring that they must see that it's a lot less likely that I just got an AR for XMas and didn't actually finish on all platinum, I pull out the TVR. I like driving the TVR and since I'm going to beat them anyway I didn't feel it would be a problem.

Of course, despite the fact that I annhiliated them in the previous races, someone says that I must have an AR. So I kill them all in the TVR, but of course, despite beating them with a Noble, people say it's only because I'm using a TVR that I won.

So I see the loudest complainer is using a Saleen and I switch to it. The next race, I beat the second place racer by 28 seconds (two laps on one the Moscow tracks people do all the time; clearly, these guys sucked, but I stayed because it was the only crowded room I could find). The biggest complainer was, oddly, silenced.

Of course, ignoring what I know about people, I assumed that now they must acknowledge the possibility that I finished with all platinums.

But of course not. And it continued throughout the evening (don't ask why I continued to deal with them when it would seem that I probably should have looked for another room). I would destroy them (they always used Ultimates) with an Ultimate, switch to a Track Special (and sometimes a TVR Tamora), still win, and I only had a TVR Speed 12 because of an alleged AR.

And I'm pretty sure i-bert was one of them. :laugh: If not, those were your kind of folks.

So, now... whenever someone starts giving me **** on Live, I usually tell em to add me to their list and look at the stats on KWS, or else to ****. :)

18. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Zcaps57 how do you fit your headset on? :rotfl:

If your finding it hard to find people as good as you to race? add Craig2 to your list he'll give you the race of your life mate.

19. colesy

colesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I have played Power K he has joined my server a few times, and he kicks our asses all the time..... not difficult though cos I'm poo.

I did keep up with him on 1 race though...very rare :rotfl:

20. zcaps57

zcaps57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have many people who are really GOOD, and some of them are better than me in my friends list to race with. xxxDANxxx, Qrazy, Riko Ninja, Dark Venero, Nao708....ect. These guys are GOOD at this game. Some of top players. I race play with them pretty often.

21. i-bert

i-bert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I don't think i've ever raced with you.And i don't make a habbit of questioning peoples sincerity,but i can remember reading your post,then looking for your stats but couldn't find them.Thats all.

And i never refuse an offer for a race,and a good race is hard to find on XBL sometimes.

Show me some TIME ATTACK times so i can see how good you are.

I've seen Neo708's time on Red Square 1 and he got a 2:01 in a TVR.I've got a 1:59 in a Porsche.You say these guys are realy good?

22. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Why should he? It must be annoying to be accused of using AR all the time. I usually reserve judgement but it's pretty obvious when you see these TVR's flying all over the shop. Some guys have earned them though. As I get nearer to all platinum, I'm thinking that I'll get these accusations too, instead of respect for the achievement.

I also like to drop down a class or two and take on the ultimates. Sometimes it's the only way you can get a good race. I love that Ferrari 360 in the track specials class. Not as quick as the Nobel but more fun to drive.

At the mo, I'm struggling through American Muscle which is a class I hate. Got most on Gold and some on Platinum. Merc GTR coming up soon.

23. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Cos he's saying him & his mates are really good :p
    Come on guys who gives a crap who's better than who?
    Chill & just enjoy the game it's all about having fun at the end of the day.

24. i-bert

i-bert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    HAVE FUN?

AT RACING?

Are you kidding?:D

25. Mr_Belowski

Mr_Belowski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +281
    To be honest, I really wouldn't mind if someone was using the TVR unlocked with an AR. I'm no muppet at PGR2, and often struggle to find competitive opposition. I usually end up choosing the slowest cars in the class, and sometimes still find myself too far out in front. If guys drive the CLK, GT1, or Speed 12 I don't mind - I prefer it if it means we have a closer race.

It has to be said that most of the TVRs online have not been unlocked 'properly', so it's inevitable that folks will assume you AR-ed it. But who cares? As long as we have exciting races anything goes.

Oh, and congratulations on getting the TVR. I got it too, but even tho I fancy myself as a bit of a hot-shoe, there's no way I'd be able to unlock it 'properly'. I only ever use it if I'm in a room with good drivers who are all using it, which is not very often :)

26. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    LoL :D
    I'm just the same as you guys with the games i play, i was just trying to be cool :laugh: ;)

27. hulkhead

hulkhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    LF (killa) - have not seen you online in pgr2 for a while. I have only raced with you once. What times are you usually on?

28. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    No mate since i got links all my other games have taken a back seat.
    I'm now looking to get rid of pgr2 not cos it's a bad game just cos i never play it.

29. hulkhead

hulkhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    thats a shame mate

30. zcaps57

zcaps57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I never said I was good. You obviously didn't get the point. I suggest you read the entire thread again.

Exactly! Why do we play XBOX ? To have fun. That's all it matters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.