complete system, help please??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Irish1, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Irish1

Irish1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi ok, I need some of your expertise, I'm buying a lcd projector(panasonic AE100), now I need a dvd home cinema system.

What I want:

I want a good system with plenty of power, I like to raise the volume. I want a high end system but it doesn't have to be the best out there my hearing isn't that senistive.

I want a DVD player that will give my projector the best picture, So I take it I'l need one with progression scan.

I want to connect my sky box and a ps2 to the system so I can get full use of the whole lot.

So what system will let me do all this for under €2000.
    Its hard to get some of this equipment in ireland but I can get any sony product so if theres a sony product which will do all I want. I'd really apprectiate some one telling waht it is?

Plus can anyone tell me what cables etc i will need.

Thanks a million
    :confused:

2. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do NOT buy that Panasonic projector. Aside from not being that good the problems inherent in them are limitless. If you're looking for a budget LCD projector instead opt for a Sanyo PLVZ1 or PLV30. Even better spend a little more on the £2000 optoma HT50, which is of the superior DLP type.
    As for the rest of your system, I'd suggest opting for the Sony STRDB1080 A/V receiver, Kef KHT2005 (if you can find them - because they're absolutely fantastic), and a Toshiba SD900E (which I just bought from hyperfi for £399).

3. Irish1

Irish1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I know the panasonic isn't the greatest but it is good, and also I'm finding it almost impossible to find suppliers of projectors in Ireland. The only real options I have here are as follows:

Panasonic AE100 : €1600
    Sony VPL-HS1 : €2900
    Sony VPL-HS2 : €2300
    Epson EMP-TS10 : €2489
    Sharp PG-C20XE : €2760.00
    Sharp XV-Z90E : €2818.00

So Which would you pick?

Thanks for the help