1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complete Silverstone solution

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Ridcully, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Ridcully

Ridcully

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    HAs anyone tried a case / psu / cpu cooling combination of the following

Silverstone LC10 or TJ6
    Silverstone Fanless heat sink
    Silvestone fanless PSU

Has the potential to be quiet but I'm wondering if it can shift the heat OK

2. mi_july

mi_july

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well it all depends on the cpu for your heatsink, but a couple of silent papst fans runnin at 7v would be helpful in that setup.

3. mark88

mark88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I have just set up the Fanless PSU running in a LC03....

I have a Zalman CNPS7000B on my CPU(A64 3000+) on it's lowest voltage. I haven't had time to fully test it yet, but it really does get super hot, the PSU is just too close to the CPU and it kicks out alot of heat right onto the CPU. I'm using a 60mm silenX exhaust fan, which is a bit too noisy my my liking( I want SILENCE ) and doesn't shift much air.

I'm getting 53C just playing music, idle is about 43-45C. I haven't tried video yet. I'm considering 2 options to reduce the heat:

1. Replace the Heatsink with the new Thermalright XP-120(it will fit) and use a 120MM Nexus fan, that will shift alot more air than the Zalman and I could probably lose the exhaust too. The Nexus fan is the so quiet it's untrue.

2. Replace the PSU with something else.

I'm not decided yet as I havent fully tested, but it's not looking too good ATM. I don't think you've got any chance on running a passive heatsink along with that PSU, unless they are on opposite sides of the case.

mark