complete Sanyo Z4 review

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Phill1978, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Phill1978

Phill1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
  2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,449
  3. Phill1978

Phill1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    thanks gary, your the only person who ever replies to me. in fact i think your my no1 av forum buddy lol :D

cheers bud.

4. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,449
  5. Bert Coules

Bert Coules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
    Thanks very much for that link. I've been seriously considering getting the Z4 and found such a detailed rundown extremely useful.

Bert
    www.bertcoules.co.uk

6. throwit

throwit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    that's what you call a review

good link Sinelanguage :smashin: i found the insides very interesting indeed, what incredible detail, like a film review where they tell you about every camera used - just does not happen

7. totalz

totalz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thx for the link!!

But the reviews from projectorcentral say Z4 is really bad in de-interlacing!! And
    cine4home says it's good!! Don't know which to trust :suicide:

8. paul_mowbray

paul_mowbray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a look around these forums to see what people actually using the Z4 think, personally(i have one on my wall) I think the Z4 is bad at de-interlacing standard def but it is still very much watchable but it does a perfect job at 1080i so there must be a diff chipset being used for SD and HD or something along those lines.

9. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,449
    Cine4home seem more technically minded so perhaps they give it more stringent tests (some DVDs can be flagged wrong and confuse the player or pj). I seem to remember some pjs being reported as having poor 480i deinterlacing, whereas everything else was fine, so perhaps that was the case here. Paul may have a good point as well.

Gary

10. totalz

totalz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thx guys, I just like the way that projectorcentral did a few reviews on Z4, including comparsions with other PJs. I think that's pretty neat. Personally, I'm struggling to find my 1st PJ!!

11. Bert Coules

Bert Coules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
    I remember being in the same uncertain position when I first took the plunge. I don't know if this is of any interest to you, but I'm thinking of putting my Z2 up for sale. It's in excellent condition, having recently been cleaned by Sanyo, and had a new bulb fitted in January.

Bert
    www.bertcoules.co.uk

12. paul_mowbray

paul_mowbray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know it can be a challenge but definetley try and get a demo of a few diff models before taking the plunge, if not then pick the one with the best features for your setup, if you are choosing between the latest D5 LCD crop of projectors.

I was able to see a Z3 and 700 before my purchase so had to rely on reviews and forums to make my final decsion and I went with the Z4. It had the most flexible positioning options, hopefully decent warranty, blow holes to remove dust and I'm not keen on the smooth screen on the panasonics.

13. JiveTalker

JiveTalker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The reviews helped me to opt for the Z4 too. I actually have the picture offset at the maximum horizontally meaning that I can project onto the wall opposite my bay window without sticking the projector in the bay and visible to would be burglars. (I always shut the curtains before swithcing it on!)

I have my dvd player (Snazio 1350) set yo upscale to 1280x720 and I don;t get any of the de-interlacing problems that others speak of.

14. paul_mowbray

paul_mowbray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I liked the sound of you DVD player (snazzy!) so did a search for it and they have some pretty cool products, not heard of them before.

You won't get any de-interlacing probs if you are sending a 720p signal to you projector as the Z4 isn't having to do any processing on the image, it is only when you send a standard definition interlaced signal to the Z4 that the quality isn't as good as it could be.