Complete novice - wanting to install smart lights

PHB1969

Ok - no knowledge (or very little) of smart lights. Want to have som RGB colour changing GU10 bulbs in my cinema room. Have seen some posts that suggests most routers (BT smart hub 2 for example) have a limit to the number of devices that connect to them ( c30). If I were to get a hub based solution like Philips Hue does this address the connectivity ie all bulbs connect to hub and hub connects to router as a single connection?

If going via hue hub, does anyone have any experience of the Ajax online hue compatible RGB bulbs and how they compare to the hue bulbs - I’m considering buying a hub and the max online bulbs separately rather than mixing. I only need 5 bulbs total in gu10, but may look at expanding the bulbs to include bulbs in outdoor lights too.

Any other approaches worth considering that could give me what I want? Thank you

PHB1969

....and also, does the hue hub allow me to control via Alexa? Or can I use the bulbs without a hue hub and Alexa as the hub? As you can tell I have no idea on the setup

PHB1969

Thank you for the info - are there any specific versions of the echo device that supports bulbs please?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES '22 TV Announcement Round-up, Plus, Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom