Complete novice requires advice and guidance

B

baroness

undefinedundefined

I am building a community hall and need advice about using it for screenings. I believe CRT, although the oldest of the 3 systems is still the best?? What I need to know is what distance can I use a projector from the screen and get a good image and what size screen I would need? I know this sounds basic, but I have never done this before and hence am on here? We are hoping (with the appropriate licence) to generate income from community cinema screenings of mainstream dvd's.

Thanks in advance
:confused:

A rough rule of thumb for a CRT projector distance is 1.5 x screen width.
ie for a screen 8 foot wide the front of the pj will need to be 12 foot from the screen.

John

baroness, nearly all CRT projectors sit relatively close to the screen. The rule of thumb is Screen Width x 1.5 equals the distance from screen to the projector. This means that the projector will be hung over where an audience might sit. Cinema style layout with the projector at the back of the room is not possible with CRT.

Screen size depends on the room size (and height) plus the audience size. To give you a rough idea, a typical CRT projector in a pub or bar will work well on a 6ft wide screen, the picture size being big enough for an audience of up to 40 people watching sport.

What is the room size and audience numbers you are aiming for?

Regards

Depending on what crt you choose(If you do.) there is various s/ware designed to calc. throw etc. PJCALC is a good one for Sony crts.

Most CRT projectors have optional long throw lenses for larger screen sizes.

Tom Please check your facts.
There are no long throw lenses for CRT.

Sorry,I guess long throw was a bad choice of words.There are lenses made for larger screen sizes such as the Barco HD-180 for the 1209 series of projectors.These are designed for over 9ft screens.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom