Complete noob wanting a new graphics card :D

A DoNK

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm a complete PC noob. :suicide:

Anyways I think I would like to install a new graphics card.. so my PC can output with a DVI connection, It only has VGA at the moment.

This is a picture of inside my PC if it helps :D

I only bought the PC in January this year so its 'quite' new.

I have been reading various websites, forums and its just so confusing as most places talk about having to upgrade the PSU? also :rolleyes: I think my PSU is only 220-240v, so does anyone know of a good DVI type graphics card that will be OK with this?

I don't use my PC for gaming, I just really want it so i can have my monitor connected by VGA and my HDTV connected using the DVI.

This is the Card i have been looking at..

http://www.dabs.com/productview.asp...37&PageMode=1&NavigationKey=11137,42220000,11

Thanks.

You DO NOT want that graphics card as it is a a AGP, you need to look for a PCI-E card which is the new type of interface.

Since you're not gaming you don't need to change a PSU, a budget PCI-E card £45-£65 will do.

Nvidia 7300GS-8600GT

yeah fine, but might as well look for a passive model, zero noise.

I agree with enablerbro1, the HD2400XT will be fine for what you are after and you can pick one up for around £40/£45.

Right, Will buy that then :cool:

Does it require a power lead to be connected to it? or just runs from the pci slot?

Thanks for all the help.

seconded....if dont game then the 2400xt is spot on...if u have a budget stick to it...make sure all ur old drivers out out of the system.....driver cleaner should help with that ! hope it helps!

Has helped greatly :thumbsup:

Where do you guys PC stuff from? as the cheapest i can find it currently in stock is Amazon £58.50

That a OK price to pay?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom