• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Complete noob wanting a new graphics card :D

A DoNK

I'm a complete PC noob. :suicide:

Anyways I think I would like to install a new graphics card.. so my PC can output with a DVI connection, It only has VGA at the moment.

This is a picture of inside my PC if it helps :D

I only bought the PC in January this year so its 'quite' new.

I have been reading various websites, forums and its just so confusing as most places talk about having to upgrade the PSU? also :rolleyes: I think my PSU is only 220-240v, so does anyone know of a good DVI type graphics card that will be OK with this?

I don't use my PC for gaming, I just really want it so i can have my monitor connected by VGA and my HDTV connected using the DVI.

This is the Card i have been looking at..

http://www.dabs.com/productview.asp...37&PageMode=1&NavigationKey=11137,42220000,11

Thanks.

badbob

Banned
Since you're not gaming you don't need to change a PSU, a budget PCI-E card £45-£65 will do.

Nvidia 7300GS-8600GT

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
I agree with enablerbro1, the HD2400XT will be fine for what you are after and you can pick one up for around £40/£45.

A DoNK

Right, Will buy that then :cool:

Does it require a power lead to be connected to it? or just runs from the pci slot?

Thanks for all the help.

Dragy2k

seconded....if dont game then the 2400xt is spot on...if u have a budget stick to it...make sure all ur old drivers out out of the system.....driver cleaner should help with that ! hope it helps!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom