Complete Noob Question

Bob Todd

Ex Member
Reaction score
I currently have a nice fat arsed Philips 9616 TV (built in DD5.1)

Please tell me the plus's and minus's of getting a projector over a normal TV.

If you can get a demo of a Panny 300 then all of your questions will be answered. If you live near Nottingham then you can have a demo of my Panny if you can travel. If not take it from me you will never regret getting a projector.

in that you will not regret buying a PJ.

To be honest, you see film as its meant to be seen.

My Panny 300 delivers a very lucid image that begs to be watched. Sometimes, I really is hard to believe that a home cinema picture can actually be that good.
Its the silly things that you notice....i.e should someone smoke a cigarette in a movie, the smoke seems to drift into the room.....(Refer to Dennis Hoppers death scene in True Romance).

Also, being a film maker myself, you notice things that the director intended you to see, pans, pulls, defocus, soft focus, in and out zoom etc.

I hung around these boards for three months deliberating my purchase and I am sooo glad I went for the Pj in the end as to be honest, without dirsrespecting a good TV, it simply cannot compare.

regards,

Cap:smashin:

do any of you guys rate the Philips bSure XG2 Brilliance?

is it better then the panny 300

Never heard of it and thats not a good sign for starters!

Originally posted by calibos
Never heard of it and thats not a good sign for starters!

hmm it blows your little panny away for spec:p

seriously can a projector make my TV redundant?

I have a PS2,Xbox,Marantz4300 Reciever,NTL Digital, and an Xcard in my PC

Please tell me the plus's and minus's of getting a projector over a normal TV.

Take a look at Calibos' thread about his home cinema room - that's the pluses.

it blows your little panny away for spec

The projector you asked about has 2200 lumens, 300:1 contrast ratio and 4:3 LCD panel - not designed for home cinema, imo.

seriously can a projector make my TV redundant

There are members who use projectors as TV replacements, but I believe it makes more sense to use them dedicated as a big screen for movies, footie, gaming or whatever. Most would recommend good light control (preferrably blackout) for best picture quality - ambient light is not your friend with front projection.

Sean G.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom