Complete Home Theatre on a Budget?

T

ThePinkNinja

Hiya All,

I'm wanting to get myself a full 5.1/7.1 system spending around £150 - £200 possibly a bit more, is it possible to get a good system for around that price?

Although I'd like a pair of floorstanders, realistically I don't have the room for them so groups of smaller speakers that can be placed around the room would be better but if it has to be floorstanding I'll make some room for it.

I'd like some that can connect via my 360 as I use that for gaming but also as my main DVD player so it would need digital input (I believe - am honestly totally new too all this speaker/cable talk!).

Anyone have any ideas on what would be a good setup for my price range? I've heard Sony ones are pretty poo but you're the experts so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

:smashin:

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
I wouldn't go for the latter one because it's not upgradeable in any way.
The AV59 is a better bet, IMO.

Your choice though :smashin:

Dankeech

Badger0-0 said:
I wouldn't go for the latter one because it's not upgradeable in any way.
The AV59 is a better bet, IMO.

Yor choice though :smashin:

Got to agree with upgradeability on this all-in-one. Seems that if you want to upgrade, you'll have to replace the lot and start again.

Dan.

The Yammy package mentioned earlier in the thread is very popular and reknowned for high quality witihin its price range.

Dan.

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
@ thepinkninja

Probably fairly good, but it's mainly designed for games.
And probably not upgradeable.
If that's the way you want to go, you may do better in the all in one forum.

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
At the price the Logitech is going for and for what you get (PC Speakers), I really do feel you are buying something you will eventually regret. For the price the Yamaha can not be beaten.

T

ThePinkNinja

Oh, my apologies, I didn't notice an all-in-one forum.

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
No problem, stay on here and join us seperates fans.
You know it makes sense :smashin:

Dankeech

Agreed - really. The AV59 as the most basic option is supposed to be pretty damn good for the money and you get a real AV reciever with it so if you ever chose to, you can upgrade either reciever speakers or sub and not have lost out money on it.

Dan.

T

ThePinkNinja

Will you get a much better performance if you kept the same old speakers and just upgraded the sub? or would it be like trying to pump out a better sound through inferior speakers and just getting same old?

Ta

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
You'll have to clarify a bit mate.
How do you mean? Which speakers and which sub are you talking about? :confused:

T

ThePinkNinja

Sorry, I mean if I went the Yamaha way is it a pretty decent entry level system so if in the future I decided to upgrade the sub or amp it would still provide a difference?

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
Chances are you'll be very happy as it is.
But yes it's all upgradeable and could be easily improved.
Either a couple of speakers (or 4), a centre or sub as and when funds allow.
That's the best bit about it.
It's also a pretty inexpensive way into a new hobby :smashin:

Dankeech

Agreed. Just upgrade one part at a time if you fancy upgrading rather than putting the system in the bin or selling it on.

E.g: Decide to get new front speakers, then you get a better sub one day, then find you want to go for an upmarket reciever. It's great & flexible.:lesson:

Dan.