complete dead?

arbey

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,
i have a problem with a data 800. I tried to connect a rcvds to it when it was running. Since that moment the projector is dead. The only sign of live i get out of this pj is a very faint red standby led, but it is not that shiny like it used to be.
What can i do to give this pj back it's life?

regards

If I had to Hazard a guess I would say you had a PSU failure (the shock of an additional device might have sent it over the edge) 2 things
1) is you Pj Wall or Floor mounted
2) if you open up the Lid at the rear side (same side as the Blue CRT) There are 2 rows of 4 LED's (8 in total) tell us which ones are lit up and which ones arent !!

i appreciate this help a lot! thanks!
Now, the leds on the side of the blue tube don't indicate anything! they stay off! Even the little red leds on the controller stay off. I guess you're right about adding an unit to a running projector isn't very good and i guess it must have overdriven it. Maybe just the big controller box is broken? The pj is floormounted.
regards

You really need to speak to roland about this I would presume it was a Power supply failure but im no technician. If i remember correctly the Fuse for the Power Supply can only be reached by undoing the 2 screws for the black plate marked X-ray radiation, when its removed the fuse (probably in a fuse holder) is quite obvious. If you do replace the fuse make sure your replace it with one of the exact same type & rating. Really you need to speak to roland.
Take note, either your fuse blew because it was old and worn (they do that sometimes) or something more serious blew your fuse, replacing it without checking deeper onto the problem my not be a brilliant Idea.

PS make sure its turned off at the mains if you do have a tinker

thanks a lot, but i checked thoses fuses allready. I guess the main controller box is broken, but i need someone that knows how to work around with the controllerbox.

regards

If it was the main controller Box most of the lights at the back would still be coming on , there are a few diffrent voltages being driven by the main Power supply each one has a fuse and each one has a light, for example there is a 240V line a 24V line 12V line (I think) and a 5V line you need to find the fuses for the diffrent voltages and check them all (im really confident this aint a controller box problem)

I blew a PC up once by plugging a live null modem cable into it whilst it was turned on.

Turned out my earths were dodgy in my house. Wouldn't make that mistake again.

I'm not an expert but I would guess PSU.

Originally posted by GagHalfrunt

I'm not an expert but I would guess PSU.

Thats what I said, but he seems to have a passion for replacing his main controller :confused: oh well , its his PJ

Oh dear this doesn't sound good.
I know its too late now but the RCVDS and projector must be off when you plug them together because there is a 30volt connector in that D9 that can supply quite a zap to the power supply.

First thing I would do.
Switch the projector off and pull out the convergence board that is under the lenses (above if its on the ceiling) it only needs to come out by an inch or two. Try to power up the projector again with the board out (this is the only one you can do this to) any picture?

Asuming that fails check all the little black fuses with an ohm meter to see if any have blown. they don't look like a convertional fuse but like a black or red pot. they will have F** next to them on the circuit board.

It's pretty unlikely to be the contoller btw but not impossible.
power supply or convergence board me thinks

Yep,
it was the convergence board! Thanks a lot!
My excuses for hanging on to the controller board! sorry

regards

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom