1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complete Amateur Question

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by gunizzle, Aug 5, 2005.

1. gunizzle

gunizzle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

Im looking to connect my PC (EVEREX) to my amplifier so i can hear my sound from the pc through my system.

What are the recommended connections, how do i connect PC to AMP?? bearing in mind i dont know terminology i need to know what leads to buy etc!!

HELP!!!

2. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    it depends on what outputs you PC has and whether your amp is a simple 2channel stereo one or a multichannel surround sound one.

3. Xelon

Xelon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Internal Sound? PCI? is it 5.1, 2.1, 7.1?

You could probably just use a standard mini jack from the Audio in/out for basic Stereo output.

4. gunizzle

gunizzle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its canton cd1s running through the new pioneer vsx 1015

5. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    hi qunizzle,

where does the sound come from in your PC - do you have a separate soundcard or is it the onboard sound from the motherboard? what sort of connectors does it have - analogue? digital?

that amp is a multichannel one so could be fed with either analogue or digital sound, which is best depends on what you are listening to and where the sound comes from in your PC.

we need some more info from you to answer your question

6. gunizzle

gunizzle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hiya,

i suspect is from the onboard motherboard as i just lterally plug speakers into the speaker port in the back and away i go, sorry not too crash hot on the technical details!! useless!

7. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    you need to find out specifically what connectors your PC has. do you have a manual? if not take apicture of the back of it and post it on here.

chances are that if the sound is just coming from your motherboard you'll be better off just sending a digital signal to the amp and letting it decode it, this may not be available to you though so we need to know what connections you have.