1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complement my existing speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by suran, Aug 5, 2005.

1. suran

suran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I am looking to upgraded my Home Cinema system and am looking for advice. I have an idea about what i want to get, howeve I'd like someone to give me some ideas or tips. :thumbsup: My Setup is currently as follows:

Panasonic TH42PE30B Plasma Screen Tv
    2xWharfedale E30 Floorstanders (Freq Resp 29Hz-18KhZ +- 3db, 50W per channel, says it supports amps upto 75w per channel)
    No Rear or centres
    An old Technics Class A stereo Amplifier.
    Pioneer DV575A Dvd player
    Heres What I am hoping to upgrade to:

1. Yamaha DSPAX757SE Amp
    2. 2xDiamond 9 SR surround speakers
    3. 1xDiamond 9cs Centre Speaker
    4. Wharfedale SW150 Subwoofer

Now my questions are as follows:

1. Will be Wharfedale floorstanders support the Yamaha amp without keeling over
    2. Will the surround and centre speakers I have chosen, complement my existing wharfedales, in terms of timbre, tonality etc.

3. Is the Wharfedale SW150, worth the money.

Please advise.

Regards,

Suran :lease:

2. Bassmaster

Bassmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    upgrading the cinema amp to a Cambridge Audio Azur540R is the best advice anyone could offer taking into account your ''budget''. (www.cambridgeaudio.com) On the subject of the Yamaha amp and Wharefedale speakers, there's nothing wrong there. Will the speakers match? well... I don't know. On the issue of the sub being worth it, yes, to compliment the Diamond range aswell as being one of the best sub's on the budget market. On the contrary... the Diamond range speakers accompanying the Cambridge audio cinema amp Azur540R is a great set-up for the money, absolutely. Finally, if your going to look into the Cambridge audio cinema amp, you'll see the DVD recorder that accompanys it is very nice, very nice indeed for the type of money your going to pay.

3. suran

suran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think i'll stick with the Yamaha amp, but if theres any more advice people can offer. Im all ears.