Comple Dawsons Creek (2007) disc serial numbers help needed

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by gouryella, Jan 14, 2008.

1. gouryella

gouryella

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Hi I was wondering if anybody who has purchased the Complete Dawsons Creek the 2007 release in 2 big digistacks in the last 3 months could check their season 1 discs serial numbers. In the older complete 2005 release in different packaging the 1st Season discs had the logo of Columbia Tristar on each one whereas in the 2007 release the logo was Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Also the serial codes of the 2005 release were (Season 1 disc 1) UK-35035-ST1 VFC 14751 but the 2007 release were UK-35035-ST1-V2 VFC 14751 i.e. an added V2.

What I'm trying to find out is if everybody who has the newer 2007 set has the V2 Season 1 discs or if anybody has the older discs in the 2007 release. Thanks.

ps if this is the wrong forum my apologies as I didnt know which one to put it in.

2. vince379

vince379

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
  3. vince379

vince379

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Was the reissue due to terrible defects of the discs? Been watching them and some of the episodes just start to break up and skip all over the place. I've read that it's a manufacturing defect and it's the same on all pressings! What a mess.

4. gouryella

gouryella

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Thanks for your replies. Sorry I didnt come back sooner as I forgot about this after not getting a reply for a while and I never got an email notification or I must have missed it.

Thanks I wanted to know if it was possible for the original discs to be in the new type boxset which you have confirmed. Regarding the reissue I have no idea but youve probably answered that with your 2nd post. Its funny you should say about the picture break up as I sold an unviewed set and I was contacted saying basically the same as you.

Have you had many discs with this problem? From the 1st season and/or after? How did you find out that its a "manufacturing defect and it's the same on all pressings"? Sorry for the questions. I have another set of this that I havent started watching yet so I presume thats what I've got to look forward to!

5. vince379

vince379

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Hey no worries.

Yeah this is a real problem about the defective discs. We need to contact Sony about this issue and see if they have or can repress the boxset because it is totally unacceptable to be selling such a badly manufactured boxset.

The problem started on season 2 disc 1 and has been getting worse as the discs go on. Some episodes are fine whilst others are unwatchable. I don't understand what could have gone wrong during authoring the discs but it is a massive cock up whoever did it.

I have read about it on Amazon customer discussions and made the assumption that it is every pressing. It sure seems like all or at least a large proportion of pressings are affected but we won't know until Sony own up to this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/forum/cd...UK2SE&asin=B000BUK2SE&cdThread=TxNHATZTOOKDKY

and

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/forum/cd...UK2SE&asin=B000BUK2SE&cdThread=TxZN5TZ24PVUVN

I think I should start a new thread addressing this issue and see if anyone else suffers these problems.

6. vince379

vince379

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
  7. gouryella

gouryella

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Thanks for the links. Hmmm does seem to be a universal problem then and I noticed one post there saying Amazon have edited the threads and removed most of the negative feedback on the set! Someone I asked about this earlier have had no problems playing the earlier seasons so maybe its pot luck wether they will work ok or not depending on your dvd player etc and also the 2 discs that were returned to me with the pixelating/skipping problem played ok for me. The V2 discs I've only seen for the 1st season the other seasons were the same as before so on second thoughts it cant have been because of these problems.

8. gouryella

gouryella

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Dont know if youve now found a contact number but heres one I found 02075331200.

9. vince379

vince379

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Hi thanks for the contact number but I have found an email address and got a promising reply from both Columbia Tristar and HMV online.

Basically, Columbia apologised for the problems and asked me to send the discs to them for analysis on their players. If they find any problems they will replace the discs but, of course, if all the discs are like this then that is pointless so this is where HMV come in.

HMV told me to send the discs to a freepost address for exchange or refund. That's great service for an item bought last year. As these discs are actually my sister's, she would rather send them to HMV for a refund so, unfortunately, I cannot let Sony test them but at least they are willing to help out.

If anyone else wants to send their discs to Sony contact them on this email address for help:

[email protected]