Complaint sent to Onkyo

wootley

Standard Member
Evening all,

I have just sent a compliant to Onkyo in reference to the 606 receiver, thought some of you may be interested as reading around loads of people seem to be having issues.

Below is a copy of the email, if anyone is interested I am happy to post any replies sent back from Onkyo.

----------

Onkyo 606 and Playstation 3 issue‏
Sent: 10 June 2010 21:12:24
To: [email protected]

Hi,

I have owned my Onkyo 606 receiver for more than a year now and have started to experience issues with my Playstation 3, doing some research online this appears to be a common problem with the Onkyo 606.

The issue is as follows:

Current set up is -

Sony KDL52W4000 LCD TV
Onkyo 606 Receiver
Sky HD
Multi Media HD PC
Playstation 3
Logitech Harmony One remote including PS3 adaptor

All devices connected to the Onkyo 606 via HDMI.

The issues I am now having is the Onkyo 606 has problems keeping a stable picture when using the Playstation 3, it will work fine for a few days and then go back to having problems, then it will be fine for a week and then further issues yet again, you get a constant switching noise for the Onkyo 606 as it appears to keep switching the channel itself, this issue has rendered the Onkyo 606 completing useless and is not a problem I would expect to have from a piece of equipment that cost £399 when I purchased it. I am also deeply concerned that many people seem to be having similar issue with this piece of equipment.

I have tried swapping the HDMI cables and using the other ports that the Sky HD and PC are plugged into, this has made no difference at all.

I look forward to your response in helping to resolve this matter.

Regards

Pugs1

I doubt you will ever get a response. When my first brand new 876 blew up (literally) within an hour of having it, I sent a complaint to Onkyo, never got a response and I raised the point of it being a fire hazard!

Uridium

Distinguished Member
Never had an issue with my PS3 and 606. Then again i only have the Ps3 connected via Toslink now as i couldn't see the point in connecting via HDMI when i have a seperate bluray player for HD audio.

Doubt you'll get much more than a courtesy repsonse back from Onkyo though I'm afraid.

go7blue

Onkyo products have a 2 year warranty so I would contact your dealer and let him sort it out or you can speak directly to Onkyo service yourself . It`s probably what customer service will tell you to do anyway ,so why wait ? Good luck.

OnkyoUK

Evening all,

I have just sent a compliant to Onkyo in reference to the 606 receiver, thought some of you may be interested as reading around loads of people seem to be having issues.

Below is a copy of the email, if anyone is interested I am happy to post any replies sent back from Onkyo.

----------

Onkyo 606 and Playstation 3 issue‏
Sent: 10 June 2010 21:12:24
To: [email protected]

Hi,

I have owned my Onkyo 606 receiver for more than a year now and have started to experience issues with my Playstation 3, doing some research online this appears to be a common problem with the Onkyo 606.

The issue is as follows:

Current set up is -

Sony KDL52W4000 LCD TV
Onkyo 606 Receiver
Sky HD
Multi Media HD PC
Playstation 3
Logitech Harmony One remote including PS3 adaptor

All devices connected to the Onkyo 606 via HDMI.

The issues I am now having is the Onkyo 606 has problems keeping a stable picture when using the Playstation 3, it will work fine for a few days and then go back to having problems, then it will be fine for a week and then further issues yet again, you get a constant switching noise for the Onkyo 606 as it appears to keep switching the channel itself, this issue has rendered the Onkyo 606 completing useless and is not a problem I would expect to have from a piece of equipment that cost £399 when I purchased it. I am also deeply concerned that many people seem to be having similar issue with this piece of equipment.

I have tried swapping the HDMI cables and using the other ports that the Sky HD and PC are plugged into, this has made no difference at all.

I look forward to your response in helping to resolve this matter.

Regards

Did you ever receive a reply from the customer care email ??

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom