Question Complaining to GAME directly?

Covcraig

Hi all

I went into the Ricoh Arena GAME store in Coventry to take advantage of their upgrade promotion that allows you to trade in your original 500gb PS4 console plus £200 for a PS4 Pro FIFA 18 bundle. Long story short I left the store TWICE empty handed due to poor training and product knowledge of all staff working that day including the manager. First I was told the deal was only an original ps4 for a slim or slim for a pro. Next I was told that the console had to be B grade (mint and boxed) to be accepted for the deal. Once I showed them their own companies T and C's on their site for the promo I was palmed off to a so called manager and moved away from the counter. This so called manager told me the same stuff as the other two guys prior so again I had to do his job for him and show him their site. Once he had checked on his own phone he said he had to get the ACTUAL manager. Once this fourth man appeared he started man handling my console digging his finger nails into the rubber grips beneath the console, pressing the console in several places causing some concerning clicking noises he tried yet again coming out with the B grade nonsense. My partner who worked in retail and customer service for many years basically shut him down at this point telling him you cannot move the goal posts on terms that are in black and white on the Company's own website. The manager finally relented and said he'd "do it this time" and put me back in the hands of the first guy I dealt with who upon taking one look at the power lead for the console immediately refused acceptance of the console based on the plug apparently being "third party" and not 'official. Apparently according to him official sony power leads say 'SONY' on them, it was at this point after being shown up in front of a busy shop it was clear these guys were taking every step to deny me my console.

I left the store with my family and drove home, once there I researched these so called official sony plugs to find out that they, like mine are branded 'I SHENG', I confirmed this on several sites not to mention other people's unboxing videos on youtube and listings on ebay, I even contacted friends and family who sent me pics of theirs..all I SHENG. My partner convinced me to drive back up to Ricoh an hour or so later where I was met by the manager again, I reminded him I had been there earlier and was turned away for an unofficial plug to which he agreed, I informed him his employee was wrong and all PS4 plugs are I Sheng to which he cut me off and said i'd have to come back tomorrow as they were shutting in less than an hour and were testing 4 consoles already. I said i'd be complaining to head office over the service I received and he gave me the names of the guys who dealt with me on a scrap of paper with no apology or empathy.

I decided to go to the Cov City centre store the following morning and had the console bundle with no issues whatsoever within an hour. They told me there was absolutely no issues with my console and were actually clued up to their promotions.

So yeah, pretty stressful and time wasting so I'm sending a written complaint to GAME as their live chat is a waste of time and can't get through to them on the phone. Has anyone had any experience complaining to GAME in the past, if so what was the outcome?

Cheers

tim68

JUS

Real shame to hear the story.

I’ve been shopping in game for years and haven’t had any problems in multiple stores. I like to give to stores rather than online if I can as it would be sad to see local shopping centres empty (excluding curry’s in that).

I did much prefer my local Gamestation, I swapped my loyalty to them for a bit. They were all a bit more chatty and grimy.

If I had experienced that I would have just gone to a different store convinced it was the new manager going power crazy.

I’d complain see what happens

GAME Complaints Email & Phone | Resolver

Covcraig

I sent a letter to Royal Mail nearly 3 weeks ago via royal mail 1st class signed for.. no response. I also complained via 'Resolver' and did hear back via that site, apparently my complaint has been escalated for investigation and someone was going to contact me, heard this last Monday but heard nothing again. Abit of a joke really

Paul224

Banned
I've always found GAME staffs lack of knowledge of their own deals etc to be rather disturbing. Even when they're clearly shown on the shop floor on a big billboard they're none the wiser.

Covcraig

Lack of knowledge of their deals and consoles in general was one problem, it was the smugness and blatant lies they told to my face that really ticked me off.

dmk1198

I had same in Croydon
Reserved a Scorpio months ago
They gave me normal non Scorpio!
Won't help
They had no copies of forza 7 even thou tons of cases on shop floor
They said £50 off
No mate,that's the deposit I gave you
****s

Covcraig

I had same in Croydon
Reserved a Scorpio months ago
They gave me normal non Scorpio!
Won't help
They had no copies of forza 7 even thou tons of cases on shop floor
They said £50 off
No mate,that's the deposit I gave you
****s

UPDATE

A few weeks ago I got a direct response from the area manager that handles all the stores in and around Coventry. He initially apologised and offered £10 gift card and cost of petrol, I told him to resolve the situation as it was more than just petrol I wasted, it was my time and diginity also (lol) i'd be happy with £20. He arranged for me to pick it up at the City centre store so case closed.

I recommend using the website resolver.co.uk, you can complain directly to the company and if they don't respond you can escalate. I never got a response from my letter but once I did it on this site I was quickly dealt with. Its a good site to complain to pretty much any major company including banks for PPI claims, they dont take a cut either, basically act as a middle man. I think its in association with the money saving expert website, I sent a load of PPI claims off about 6 weeks ago, got a cheque for £1425 from Lloyds for credit card PPI and another one for £150 from Argos last week so defo worth checking out

The latest video from AVForums

Prey + Bullet Train reviews, Heat 4K + Event Horizon 4K and all the latest movies and TV news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom