Complaining To Companies, I Seem To Be Sending More and More These Days

Kevo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I must be getting old, I seem to be moaning and complaining about all sorts of trivial things lately.

This week I have..

Phoned Sky twice complaining about various Glitches (nothing new there).

Phoned Wetherspoons to complain about my local constantly showing Sky Sports News (IT DRIVES ME MAD!!:mad:)

Emailed TCM (Turner Classic Movies), for the umpteenth time about why they don't broadcast in 16:9 in the UK.

More recently I emailed Greggs bakery after they changed their recipies. Ther meat & potato pasties now taste awful.

Emailed Nestle to bring back Golden Graham cereals. One of the few cereals I like and they withdrew it and replaced it with the awful 'cinnamon Grahams'.

Last year..
Emailed Golden Wonder on why there cheese & onion crisps seem to be hard to find.

Emailed 'Kettle Chips' into why there small size crisps are becoming more difficult to find as not everyome wants their 'king size, US obese' size packs which Tesco seem to only stock!

God, I even remember contacting Kellogs in asking them to bring back the original (softer) Special K cereal :eek:

I'm turning into a 'Meldrew'. :(
Anybody else tend to complain to companies a lot more these days, even for trivial things?

bloody hell mate you've turned completely into victor meldrew, it would take a serious hell on earth moment to make me arsed to write a letter of complaint to someone who'll read it and file it under "bin"... you are definitely a "hardcore complainer", well done :thumbsup:

I must be getting old, I seem to be moaning and complaining about all sorts of trivial things lately.

This week I have..

Phoned Sky twice complaining about various Glitches (nothing new there).

Phoned Wetherspoons to complain about my local constantly showing Sky Sports News (IT DRIVES ME MAD!!:mad:)

Emailed TCM (Turner Classic Movies), for the umpteenth time about why they don't broadcast in 16:9 in the UK.

More recently I emailed Greggs bakery after they changed their recipies. Ther meat & potato pasties now taste awful.

Emailed Nestle to bring back Golden Graham cereals. One of the few cereals I like and they withdrew it and replaced it with the awful 'cinnamon Grahams'.

Last year..
Emailed Golden Wonder on why there cheese & onion crisps seem to be hard to find.

Emailed 'Kettle Chips' into why there small size crisps are becoming more difficult to find as not everyome wants their 'king size, US obese' size packs which Tesco seem to only stock!

God, I even remember contacting Kellogs in asking them to bring back the original (softer) Special K cereal :eek:

I'm turning into a 'Meldrew'. :(
Anybody else tend to complain to companies a lot more these days, even for trivial things?

HARDCORE....

Did you get anywhere with your rants??? or just a better feeling inside? I have thought of complaining about things but like the previous poster cant be bothered in general.

martin

Must admit a lot of these listed are spread out over time and I just go through 'phases' like this week and it only takes one to get me going and then I seem to go into 'complaining overdrive'. This week it was my local Wetherspoons constantly showing that damned, inferanl Sky Sports News with it's looping news and ticker tape that was driving me MAD. Talk about torture, you couldn't get away from it as they have a TV in every corner and more!

HARDCORE....

Did you get anywhere with your rants??? or just a better feeling inside? I have thought of complaining about things but like the previous poster cant be bothered in general.

martin

Nowhere as yet, but do feel a bit better inside having got it off my chest.
Some have been festering away inside for ages (as I too usually can't be bothered) so thought it was high time I cleared em out in one go!
I probably won't do any more for a while now!

More people should do it! Most companies will not action complaints, but some will sit up and take notice. It's free research for them and if you come up with a good idea, they will sometimes run with it. Don't expect too much in the way of thanks, because then they may feel they need to pay you or something similar, but if you are satisfied with just knowing you have made a difference, then give them the benefit of your experience. I once complained about a delivery provider for a national mail order firm and suggested a local outfit as being better. Hey presto, three months later my next order was delivered by a local firm with local knowledge who were small enough to still care.

I have thought of complaining about things but like the previous poster cant be bothered in general.
Me neither as it rarely makes any real difference. But I have found that I have far more things that should be complained about as I've got older. And I have "I don't believe it" moments far more frequently.

I once complained to Marks and Spencer about their £2.00 fruit salad, and recieved a written apology and a £5 gift voucher.....which i promptly spent on their dark ginger chocolate biscuits.

My wife bought a bottle of Appletise from Boots once, opened it only to find it full of stagnate water with bits in. She took it back and got a replacement from the floor supervisor. The super asked if she wanted to take it further and she said no, I couldn't believe it. I could've been bathing in apple juice and plasters for years.:mad:

Greggs asked me which branch I had the 'offending' pasty from and offered me a 'free voucher'. I emailed them twice saying that it was not a 'one off', it was their new so called 'improved recipies' at fault. Needless to say I turned down their voucher offer (twice!).

It was one of the few pasties I liked from any bakery shop and bought it on a regular basis, so hence my annoyance and reason for emailing.

It is now just another 'food memory' that is no more like...

Golden Grahams
Original Special K
Tudor Crisps
Kraft Cheezy Whizz spread
etc
as well as a whole host of sweets & chocs from the past
:(

i remember one time i complained to the manager of kentucky fried chicken about they're new gravy when they switched it years ago, telling him it was bloody awful and he then told me how they made the old one which by all accounts was bloody delicious, they used all the cooking fat/grease etc as a base and just added ingredients, so i can understand why they changed it as it was probably slowly killing everyones heart that bought it

now i do hate people that write in a complain about offending adverts/telly shows, they make me mad, if you don't like somit or are offended by somit. TURN THE FRECKING CHANNEL!!!! don't go ruining it for the rest of us by having the offending item removed!

"Golden Wonder Cheese and Onion" hard to find ? thank god for that:eek:
there is only one cheese and onion crisp ,long live walkers:smashin:

to the OP, yes you are a moaning "victor meldrew" olg git:D
I think I am a big complainer but even I still need to be promoted to the premier league before you and I can duke it out:D:hiya:

"Golden Wonder Cheese and Onion" hard to find ? thank god for that:eek:
there is only one cheese and onion crisp ,long live walkers:smashin:

NOOOO !! Disgusting too strong flavour and yuk after taste and smelly breath (Worse than garlic) :thumbsdow

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom