Complaining about sky installer

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by kev3, Mar 20, 2006.

1. kev3

kev3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently upgraded to sky+ paying £99 for the pleasure.
    I wasn't around for the install and we ended up with an Amstrad PVR3, which with hindsight is a good box.
    The clicking HD isn't to bad, but I did notice a 2-3 second blue screen between channel changing. Sky installations made me upgrade the software, but this didn't help so they booked for an engineer to come around.
    The installer comes round and changes my new Amstrad for a new Thomson PVR3.
    I tested the unit and the response times were the same.. although the was a clear buzzing sound coming from the Thomson which wasn't there with the Amstrad!
    So i wasn't happy with this as it was worse than the Amstrad so asked him to but my old box back..
    He became quite agitated at this point, as if i had ask him to do something beyond the call of duty!
    He called me an awkward customer and threaten me with de-installation!
    I asked him why it was such a big deal to put my old box back and he said he had already paired the new box with my card! (a process which took one phone call!)
    Before I could say anything else he proceeded to call Sky installations and told them I was an awkward customer and recommended that I was de-installed!
    The lady on the phone asked to speak to me and I explained the situation to help, she was a lot more reasonable and agreed I could have the old box back.
    She then told the Installer to do this, it took less then five minutes!
    Then i kicked the P***k out of my house.

Anyway I want to make a written complaint about this installer, anyone done this before?
    Do you know where the best person/place to send this to is?
    Thanks.

2. Fusewire

Fusewire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Try emailing [email protected] and put 'complaint' in the subject field of the mail.

I have always had a favourable reponse when I have mailed him. ;)

3. ruthiebabie

ruthiebabie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    HI - I had problems with my installer too (see my post on the bottom of this thread) - it took a lot of phone calls and tears before it was resolved. However that was before I had found this forum. Try the email route above. I'll certainly give it a go next time I have problems.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306296&page=2